AT&T's 3G/EDGE Network Issues Have Been Resolved

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageAT&T's 3G/EDGE Network Issues Have Been Resolved

If you are an iPhone user (or user of any device) living in Northeast United States then you might have observed that AT&T 's 3G/EDGE network (wireless data services) were down since Wednesday morning. Ars Technica has just reported that AT&T spokesperson Brad Mays had got in touch with them...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Wait...What?
    Wait...What? Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

I didn't realize Edge was down until around 10:30am this morning. I'm in Western Mass. One thing that happens when Edge is down and the iPhone is not connected to the net via wifi, is that apps downloaded from the App Store stop working. They'll open and then crash back to Springboard right away. It's becoming clearer to me that it is a result of the iPhone's inability to authenticate the application so DRM then prevents the use of the applications. Third party apps from Cydia and Installer continue to work since there is no DRM. As soon as Edge came back a little after noon, my apps started working again. No syncing or restoring involved. A similar thing happened when I had a payment issue. All of my previously installed and working apps stopped working, paid and free alike. It was not until I fixed the payment issue did they work again. Also no syncing or restoring involved.

• Shawn
    Shawn Posts: 39
    via Wordpress

I lost service here in Missouri. My iPhone 3g is jailbroken and I thought for sure that was the cause of the problem. Everything is working better now.

• James
    James Posts: 258
    via Wordpress

This is great new for these who live there, but others like me...nothing interesting again. But we hope in the future:)Thanks for the great read man.

• nectarios
    nectarios Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I didn't know or realize this happened. I'm used to slow 3g speed but now it's fast. I uses to have to switch to edge to access the web. So far 3g has been very fast. I'll keep you posted if it dies out again.

• Andrew
    Andrew Posts: 168
    via Wordpress

My Edge is down and not working, anyone else?

• Cynthia
    Cynthia Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

EDGE has been down for me since last Wednesday Tuesday September 30