Apple's Special Event "Let's Rock" on September 9th

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageApple's Special Event "Let's Rock" on September 9th

Apple has issued invitations for a special event on September 9th, 2008, exactly one week from now. The invite features the iconic iPod silhouette along with the tagline "Let's Rock." The event is scheduled to take place at the Yerba Buena Centre for Arts in San Francisco at 10:00 am...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Tj
    Tj Posts: 102
    via Wordpress

This actually strikes me as something fairly obvious: a major iTunes update! With a minor iPod update!

I'm thinking they're going to give iTunes an overhaul to have a different interface and perhaps more functionality insofar as media is concerned. Maybe they'll finally support more file formats? Who knows.

The iPod update will most likely be cosmetic, and a new version with increased storage capacity will also be likely to appear. I'm predicting new colors for full size iPods, perhaps a gunmetal blue color, a Rose pink color, and a Product(RED) line as well. I'm also thinking they might update the physical interface of the iPod as well, maybe return to the 2nd gen idea of pure touch controls with a single manual hold button. WiFi in the iPod wouldn't surprise me, with an active connection to the iTunes store and recommendations in real time based on what you're listening to.

Tha Nano is obviously getting an update because Apple KNOWS that very few people like the fugly square design, and much prefer the older stick look. It'll probably just be a skinny version of the main iPod. with a wide-screen that is viewed sideways.

REMEMBER, YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST, FROM ME, SO IF THIS IS TRUE.... I WANT A FRIGGIN JOB AT DIGG. SWEAR TO GOD.