WinPwn 2.5 Released to Jailbreak iPhone Firmware 2.0.2; Includes QuickPwn Support

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageWinPwn 2.5 Released to Jailbreak iPhone Firmware 2.0.2; Includes QuickPwn Support

The much awaited WinPwn tool 2.5 to jailbreak iPhone firmware 2.x including firmware 2.0.2 has been released. The latest version of WinPwn tool comes with an all new user interface and also includes QuickPwn support, which is a quicker and easier jailbreaking method. The iPhone Dev Team had recently released...

Read the full story here

Comments

• sb37
    sb37 Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

I used the QuickPwn tool to unlock/jailbreak my 1st gen iPhone. I had previously installed fresh 2.0.1 fw using iTunes.

The tool worked very well and the interaction - though in text were clear.

The phone seems to be unlocked and jailbroken but when I put in my AT&T sim card (from my existing phone), phone shows no signal and cannot make a call.

Can you please help and suggest what am I doing wrong ? Can the QuickPwn tool be used for this purpose ?

• ben
    ben Posts: 235
    via Wordpress

sb37 you activated your iphone which you are not meant to do. You can put it in expert mode and when it says do you want to activate click no, but it should have been done when it asks if you are with an approved carrier.

• mike
    mike Posts: 489
    via Wordpress

I used winpwn 2.5 today and everything was fine until i uploaded the custom.ipsw and it said could not upload becuase of error (6) wtf is error six? im redoing it now and hopefully it works if it does, i might make a video to show how to use it once i figure out wtf is wrong with it

• Noob
    Noob Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

How do install customised ipsw via iTune? I have tried restoring from the list given by iTune, but none looks like the customised one.

• sb37
    sb37 Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

ben - thanks for your response. Maybe I should clarify - I don't have a iphone plan with at&t - I only have a regular dataplan with them. Should I still select "do not activate" ?

Would greatly appreciate help from any of the experienced people here.

• mofarmania
    mofarmania Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I was unlocking my 1st gen iphone and the phone shut off when the baseband was being flashed. Now I can't get iTunes to retore ANY firmware. It's completely bricked. Any suggestions?!

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

Hey mofarmania,

Sorry to hear about that.

You should be able to restore your iPhone by putting your iPhone in DFU (Device Firmware Upgrade) mode. You can follow these steps to achieve this:

* Connect your iPhone to your computer
    * Turn iPhone off
    * Hold power and home together for 10 seconds (exactly)
    * Release power but keep holding home until the computers beeps (observed on a PC) as a USB device is recognized.
    * At no point will the display come on. Now your restore should work.

Hope it helps.

cheers!

• lutzus
    lutzus Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

ATTENTION - don't use the Quickpwn Option of Winpwn 2.5.0.2 just for jailbreaking an offical iphone (1st Gen.) - it will unlock without asking giving issues with the lockdown files (Youtube not longer working).

• seminolejohn
    seminolejohn Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

I guess I am lost. I have a perfectly functioning jailbroken original IPhone running 1.1.3. I think I want to install ver 2.x firmware. winpwn 2.5 is apparently for 1.1.4. Do I go directly from 1.1.3 using iTunes (version???)to firmware 2.x or do I have to upgrade to 1.1.4 and jailbreak, first?
    Then, once I am on firmware 2.X will I be able to recover any of my applications/themes/etc. from the 1.1.3 (as presently using?)

• seminolejohn
    seminolejohn Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

Help, again. I thought I followed the winpawn 2.5 instructions. I now have a not Jailbroken fw 2.0.2 iphone. No matter what I tried I was not able to get iTunes to do anything but restore (and update). How do I get Cydia installed?

• Alex
    Alex Posts: 383
    via Wordpress

Ciao folks,

I have a problem, I have new iphone 3G with O2 sim card (Czech Rep.) I jailbroke (using Quick pwn mode) my phone, everything went well, but at the end my phone was showing no service and I could not find any carrier... Is there any way how to fix it when unlock program does not exists yet...????? Please help.. Thanks

• Viky
    Viky Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I have the ipsw ready using the WinPwn 2.5 but an not able to restore my iphone using itunes...how do i get itunes to restore from the customized file? Pls help

• Jason
    Jason Posts: 585
    via Wordpress

Hey guys i recently jailbroke my 3G iphone 2.0.2 and now itunes isn't reading my iphone. How can i restore my iphone? or how can i configure my phone so itunes reads my iphone? I really need help with this issue, any help would be great. Thank you

• Jason
    via Wordpress

Hey guys i recently jailbroke my 3G iphone 2.0.2 and now itunes isn't reading my iphone. How can i restore my iphone? or how can i configure my phone so itunes reads my iphone? I really need help with this issue, any help would be great. Thank you

• Jason
    via Wordpress

• Justin
    Justin Posts: 142
    via Wordpress

Where can i find an IPSW for my 1st generation iPhone updated to 2.0.2 version. I need it for use on WinPWN 2.5 beta. Please help (running Windows Vista)

• GEORGE MINDRI
    GEORGE MINDRI Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

i updated my3g v2 to 2.0.2 firmware.
    i had a yessim on working good on GSM
    Greece Cosmote,when i jailbreak it with
    winpwn 2.5 my gsm carier signal comes and go until it says -no sim-.
    i close the phone i open again and i have the same problem,please tell me what i can do?
    thanks a lot
    george

• John Doe
    John Doe Posts: 11
    via Wordpress

I previously used ZiPhone to jailbreak and unlock my 1st gen iPhone and had no problems. I just upgraded to 2.0.2 from 1.1.4 and used WinPwn 2.5 to jailbreak it. After doing so, I was required to re-activate my iPhone before I could sync/restore. Not sure if I did something wrong but while annoying, the more serios problem is that any App I install from the AppStore (paid or free) will not run. I get icons but when tapped, they only give a blank screen for a few seconds and then return to the homepage. I tried re-pwning the phone to no avail. AppStore is the ONLY reason I finally gave up 1.1.4. I saw a similar post under the WinPwn 2.4 article comments but no replies. Anyone else having this problem? Any suggestions

• Kyn
    Kyn Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Anyone know if we can use this tool to Jailbreak and unlock with 2.1 Firmware?

• Carlos
    Carlos Posts: 45
    via Wordpress

re:Jason
    just go to modmyiphone.com but you have to sing up with them is totally free they have alot of stuff to customize your iphone including all the ipsw's (firmwares)

• Adan
    Adan Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

i have a 3g iphone and tried to jailbreak it. i followed the instructions but my battery died towards the end of the process. so i tried it again and now when it gets towards the end of the process it closes the program and a data execution prevention thing pops up and says it closed the program. now itunes isnt recognizing the iphone. it says it could not connect to iphone because an invalid responce was recieved from the device. if any one could help i would appreciate it. because now im stuck with a bricked iphone.

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

Hey Adan,

Sorry to hear about your problem.

You can restore your iPhone by putting it in DFU mode.

You can follow these steps to achieve this:
    Connect your iPhone to your computer.
    Turn iPhone off.
    Hold power and home together for 10 seconds (exactly).
    Release power but continue holding the home button until iTunes pops up a message telling you that it has detected an iPhone in recovery mode.
    Clicking Ok should restore your iPhone.

Hope this helps.

cheers!

• asif
    asif Posts: 22
    via Wordpress

Hello friends I just recently jailbroken my 3G iphone with winpwn-2.5 beta successfully after jailbroken it was working activated but i dont know what happen exactly when I connected phone with itunes of latest verion since that time phone is not working and whenever I turn on phone it shows logo screen of iPwned with winpwm 2.5 and keep coming the logo screen and seems like the screen is frozen. When i connect the phone with itunes via pc then phones vibrates for few minutes with logo screen then freeze again and itunes says that this iphone firmware is corrupted!!! Anyone can tell me what to do please? Should I restore factory settings or run winpwn-2.5 software again to fix the firmware corrupted files again?

• me
    me Posts: 220
    via Wordpress

hi, ok so i'm in definite need of help here.. i got my iphone 3g about a week ago and have been trying to jailbreak it with every pwn there is haha. So i can't get pwnage tool to work, BUT quickpwn will... my problem though is that i go through the entire quickpwn process nice and easy, everything is fine.. even says "i haz success" but all my iphone does is go to a white screen for about 10 minutes and then goes dark, like its off. i've rebooted my phone and tried and failed in this way several times.. i don't know what to do please help.....

• the real john doe
    via Wordpress

ok, so real simple, 3g is jailbroken but not unlocked... is there a way to unlock? i want to use my tmobile jus like i did with the 2g..... :( . i guess its not out yet. october 8th 2008

• raj
    raj Posts: 23
    via Wordpress

I just jailbroken my inactive iphone 3g(with 2.0.2) , it ativated my iphone 3g and jailbroken my iphone 3g . everything went well and quick. thanks to winpwn team.
    I am planing to update to 2.1 and jailbreak 2.1 . I think unlocking 3g(2.1) is not yet available . if any one knows how to unlcok 3g (2.0.2) or 2.1 , please post here.

• Roomie
    Roomie Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Hi I keep running into the same issues with using the hack on my iphone. Every time I installed a theme from cydia. It messes up my phone and I can't use my dialer to call out and when I do it through my contact list I am not able to hang up on any calls. A little help here please?

• psriva
    psriva Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I used the winpwn tool with my ipod touch(1.1.5 first gen) and now it is identified by itunes as an iphone, and won't restore to the "iPhone1,1_2.0_5A347_Custom_Restore" file. I have itunes 7.7. Any help?