Built-in Nike+ Feature Will Not Work With iPhone (Updated)

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageBuilt-in Nike+ Feature Will Not Work With iPhone (Updated)

During Apple's Special Event today, Steve Jobs had demonstrated built-in Nike+ capabilities for the new iPod Touch running iPhone firmware 2.1. At that time we were not sure if Nike+ iPod Sports kit would work with the iPhone. Based on the information available on Apple's Nike + iPod webpage it...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Dj RaYz
    Dj RaYz Posts: 13
    via Wordpress

I doubt that they will make it compatible with other devices. The whole point of Apple making the Nike feature available on certain devices is so that people can re-buy a new device (b/c a majority of the people who buy Apple devices can afford it).

• Tj
    Tj Posts: 102
    via Wordpress

This is nothing new. Apple will wait a few months and release an accessory for compatibility, for an extra high cost, and people will buy it. If not, someone else will release one third party, and we can all be happy.

• laloj
    laloj Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

Really solid move to team up with Nike. Yet another use for the Ipod

• Andy
    Andy Posts: 1,127
    via Wordpress

I have ipod touch 1st generation built in jan2008 with firm ver 2.1, but unfortunatey it keeps saying "This iPod doesnot support this device".
    snik, snik
    Just bought my Ipod in the us begin of August, I expect they should have been told me about the new generation.
    Also when I ordered the Nike+ using my registered account, they should warn me that it will not work with my ipod.