Coverage of Apple's Special Event "Lets Rock": iPhone Firmware 2.1 will be Released on Friday, Sept

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageCoverage of Apple's Special Event "Lets Rock": iPhone Firmware 2.1 will be Released on Friday, Sept 12

Apple's special event "Let's Rock" should be underway shortly where its speculated that Steve Jobs will be announcing the release of iPhone firmware 2.1 which could include some surprise new features. Apple's special event is being held at at the Yerba Buena Centre for Arts in San Francisco. So if...

Read the full story here

Comments

• darwin
    darwin Posts: 10
    via Wordpress

Where is the cover page event????

• Rl
    Rl Posts: 19
    via Wordpress

WOW, what a disappointment. We get the 2.1 FW update and all it's all just more bug fixes.. What do we have to do to get some real progress around here?????????

• JC
    JC Posts: 55
    via Wordpress

Progress?? Um, I'm not Apple junkie or anything, but I DEFINITELY consider bug fixes to be tremendous progress.

We should all be thrilled to finally have an iPhone that "just works". Granted, we should have had that from the beginning, but im not complaining that we are receiving it now.

• Rl
    Rl Posts: 19
    via Wordpress

JC: An iPhone that works? You don't know that yet! I'm SURE that there will BE future bugs. I mean, we all thought that the iPhone 3g (2g with the new 2.xx software) will work flawlessly (or close to it). No one expected app store app problems (as in just stoping to work all the sudden and we having to delet them and reinstall) and the droped calls. Oh, the many, many droped calls.

And I don't call bug fixes "progress" when clearly this should of been fixed in the first place. You don't reward someone for doing what was expected of them to begin with (esspecially for a product we PAID for). Progress is when we didn't expect something (i.e. copy/paste or GPS etc) and we then are giving it. That is progress, that is going beyond what we paid for. That is being and iphone, an elit cell phone/media phone, and still doing what other "lesser" phones do.

Good day... I SAID GOOD DAY...

• AnalogJunkie.com
    AnalogJunkie.com Posts: 10
    via Wordpress

hmm.. kind of dissapointing since none of the mentioned problems have been ailing my phone save for the slow back ups.. but I was blaming that on the amount of data I had not software actually.

Oh, well. As long as hackers are making new things for me to play with I'm happy. : )

• mcorona
    mcorona Posts: 27
    via Wordpress

actually, by definition it's progress.
    look it up.

... but yes, the iPhone has been quite a mess.
    I mean aside the bugs, there was the huge price drop.
    problems with product support and customer service.

I sure hope that Apple isn't too proud with the way they've rolled out their iphone, I hope they learn how not to do things.

• althea
    althea Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

I have heard that you can use your iPhone now with VOIP. This means that we can call as much as we want in a lesser cost since the call is supported by your active internet connection on your iPhone. If you call using VOIP software on your iPhone, you don’t have to pay your local cellphone service provider for that call. One of my friends is really happy using her iPhone since you can add VOIP software like iNomado. With this she can call us and her family even if she’s in other country. The best part is, the call saves her half ofwhat she’s paying on calling cards. It’s not surprising though, with our latest technology, and with the development of VOIP, it’s no doubt that we can do a lot of things on our gadgets now. It’s good that iPhone has added a lot of features. Getting an iphone now is not only for trends, but for practicality as well. I wonder if I could use VOIP software on other cellphones too. Do you have any idea?