Fix: iPhone Users Reporting Problems Retrieving Mails in the Background After Upgrading to Firmware

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageFix: iPhone Users Reporting Problems Retrieving Mails in the Background After Upgrading to Firmware 2.1

As per this Apple Discussion thread, there are quite a few iPhone users reporting that their iPhone's mail application fails to retrieve mails in the background when push is enabled and regardless of the interval that is set after upgrading to iPhone firmware 2.1. If you are facing this issue...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Dereck
    Dereck Posts: 16
    via Wordpress

The workaround provided above may explain why I do not expereice the mail problem after upgrading to 2.1.

I have been observing the apple discussion forum on this issue for a while. I truely believe that many iphone users have suffered the mail problem, but just don't understand that why my iphone's mail is fine.

Now I know, coz piror to upgrade to 2.1, I just restore my iphone to 2.0.2 for some other reason. And I didn't use any backup, I started fresh and as wel as all my mail account.

So the above workaround sounds pretty good solution. (not perfect, but what can you do?)

• Neuromods
    Neuromods Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

I live in Japan and kinda have the same problem. Only with mine it let's me know I have a new email, but when I check it is not there. Five minutes later or more it will finally show up. Sometimes sending an email takes a very long time to. This is very annoying when I need to check in a hurry from friends.

• InSovietRussiaPhoneEyesYou
    via Wordpress

I have a similar problem. With push off and fetch on my iPhone doesn't get mail at all. With push on it seems to check my inbox at random. Sometimes it gets mail 5 minutes later, sometimes an hour or more later.

• Good luck with trying this. When I tried to downgrade from 2.1 to 2.0.2, everything looked great until the end. I received an error message (1013) and the restore failed. I then uninstalled iTunes 8 and installed 7.7 and tried again with the same results. If you read the comments on youtube for this video, you will see others have the same issue. Let us know if this works for anyone and how you got around the error.

• darwin
    darwin Posts: 10
    via Wordpress

I was doing the restore to 2.02 and I got Error 1013 .

How can I fix this???

• Christopher
    Christopher Posts: 34
    via Wordpress

I had jailbreaked my 2.0.2 and once the 2.1 came out I restored it (as new iphone) (to not pwned 2.0.2) then upgraded. then the next day 2.1 was pwnable so i pwned it.
    I currently have the mail problem, sometimes. It works and it doesn't work, and their is no pattern.
    Any ideas?

• iB4StID
    iB4StID Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

This isnt going to work on a iphone 3g, Since the basband has been updated from 2.0.2 to 2.1 you wont be able to go back on a iphone 3g, Would work on the 1st gen of iphone tho

• nicolasl46
    nicolasl46 Posts: 25
    via Wordpress

push never worked for me, i set up my hotmail account through the exchange server when i first got my iphone, and it only retrieves messeges when i manually open the email app. When you go to fetch options, it says that the schedule below is used when push is off, so it shouldn't matter how often you set it up to fetch, should it? Now i always had it set up for manual, but data push is on, and when you go to advanced my hotmail account is set to push data. So why did it never work? is it because of my hotmail account?

• A Black Dude
    A Black Dude Posts: 167
    via Wordpress

i have the exact same problem as mentioned but i im still running 2.0.2.....

• Neuromods
    Neuromods Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

Apple needs to fix this and fast. getting annoying

• nicolasl46
    nicolasl46 Posts: 25
    via Wordpress

Update: i just noticed that my hotmail account emails are being pushed into my iphone, even while using EDGE (since i turned 3G of for good) even my App Store is giving me the number of apps available for update, and if i'm not mistaking even Cydia is doing the same thing (i don't know if this is normal, but is the first time that it happens to me)

• Steve
    Steve Posts: 326
    via Wordpress

I can't open some mail and when I send most of it cant be open.what can I do