Hidden iPhone Firmware 2.2 Features: Google Street View, Turn Off Auto-Correction & Japanese Emoji I

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageHidden iPhone Firmware 2.2 Features: Google Street View, Turn Off Auto-Correction & Japanese Emoji Icons

The beta version of iPhone Firmware 2.2 that was seeded to developers of the iPhone developer program has revealed some minor tweaks to iPhone Safari's user interface and to the App Store application. Mac Rumors has revealed some more interesting new features that could be included in the next iPhone...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Jared
    Jared Posts: 67
    via Wordpress

the google maps update sounds cool...but overall might be a bit unnecessary...cool for showing off though I guess.

emoji are just lame.

ps: website + ads seem to be loading a bit faster, could just be me but i'm curious if you have changed anything?

• Bori
    Bori Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Apple always ignore 1g iphone and 1g ipod touch.
    I say MS is a much better successful company than Apple.

Cannot be even compared
    MS best Apple worst.
    Revolutionarily Failed Company Apple

• thedevilsjester
    thedevilsjester Posts: 25
    via Wordpress

Wow, Bori couldnt have his head screwed on more backward than it already is.

You know that the first gen iPhones and iPod Touches can still use the newer firmware right? Its not exclusive to the newer models.

Also any success Microsoft has is a fluke. Even a blind squirrel gets a nut sometimes. You put your hand in enough cookie jars, you are bound to come up with a cookie every once in awhile. Where as Apple earns their successes every step of the way.

• Paul
    Paul Posts: 239
    via Wordpress

Nothing worth while. Missing features like Camcorder, Cut & Paste, and MMS that other less expensive phones have.

• thedevilsjester
    via Wordpress

@ Paul:

Neither of those features being ones that I have _ever_ used on any cell phone in the many many years I have used cell phones.

Stop beating a dead horse. We know it doesnt have a couple features that a small, though extremely vocal minority want, but the sales show that the device is worth it anyway.

• Rob
    Rob Posts: 314
    via Wordpress

@ thedevilsjester

The only phones that don't have MMS are the iPhone, and phones that don't have cameras in them. I used to have a phone years ago with no camera but I could still send/receive MMS on it. It does't really matter to me though since I just send the photos through email to their wireless number@carrier.

I'm still annoyed at how even after upgrading to 2.1 my phone still crashes apps.. especially safari.

• Bourne
    Bourne Posts: 60
    via Wordpress

@ Paul

Come to the dark side of jailbreaking and those features will be yours.

• thedevilsjester
    via Wordpress

@ Rob
    I agree that its an oversight that should be corrected, dont get me wrong. I was just saying that in the many years I have used cell phones, never once have I ever wanted to send a MMS, nor have I ever had the desire or need to record video with any of my phones. I can honestly say I dont know anyone that has actually done, or wanted to do either of those with their phone.

Thats not an excuse for not having such basic features, I understand, but too many people are making a mountain out of a mole hill, and they need to just give it a rest already.

• Jake
    Jake Posts: 62
    via Wordpress

Regular street view is powered by flash, GMM is not I assume? Or is there a possibility that flash for iPhone is around the corner?

• Louis
    Louis Posts: 180
    via Wordpress

Emotions look cool as long as the person the receiving end can see your emotions and they don't wind up looking like ):# since not everyone has an iphone.

hummm... Just got new iphone love it...no crashing battery life is good comes with 2.1 and my emotions are ecstatic .. ..
    o
    Can't you see!

• jack
    jack Posts: 149
    via Wordpress

What kind of sack of **** company (APPLE) wouldn't include copy and paste. This is the worst hunk of **** I've ever owned, and people are doing back flips over fucking icons? This is the first phone since the 80's that hasn't been able to last a single fucking day, and how fucking big do my ears need to be to actually here the fucking ringer? Oh, and let me call the IT department so that I can simply move a fucking pdf to my fucking phone. Any other hoops you want me to jump through APPLE. What a hunk of junk. I always knew there was something off about apple and its users. No doubt in my mind now. You're all freaks singing the praises of this peice of **** all the time. To think, I was considering buying one of their notebooks. The only difference between apple and M.S. is PR.

• darkdante
    darkdante Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

of all the things I love about the iphone, I must admit, the one thing i miss is the MMS feature, being with o2 in the UK, they dont offer the ability to email pics to a mobile via mms, and having small young children thats alot of what i'd use my phone for, sending pics of first steps etc etc to my buddies. Having only had the 3g for less than a month, i'm still a little dubious about 'jailbreaking'it yet and worry about all kinds of problems that could arise :(

• Cheeze
    Cheeze Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Jailbreak it! I too held off on Jailbreaking. I'm no stranger to hacking/cracking various hardware either, my wii, psp etc are all hacked but with my new iPhone 3G I was a bit worried. I did it eventually, just follow a guide. The worst that can happen is that you'll have to wipe it and do a restore, so make sure you do a backup in iTunes first. I've never looked back since doing mine, very easy.