iPhone Backgrounder Hack Allows Users to Run iPhone Apps in the Background

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageiPhone Backgrounder Hack Allows Users to Run iPhone Apps in the Background

Apple had pulled out Push Notification Service; their solution for one of the features that we have been asking for, the ability for iPhone apps to run in the background from the 4th beta version of iPhone firmware 2.1 for "further development". So till Apple does not introduce the feature,...

Read the full story here

Comments

• ulises
    ulises Posts: 15
    via Wordpress

I tried it with AIM and I kept getting about 7 duplicate msgs.

• Abdou
    Abdou Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

Hello,
    A Great work, congrats.
    Just have some questions about this App :
    Is backgrounding apps means that more than one app could be runing in the same time ?? a type of multi task work ?? Is that means that i could launch a game instance, then suspend it and luanch a note pad and write some text, and then backward to the game ??
    And how the transition between apps could be done ??

• i installed this app and it kept attemting to respring for about 5 mins so i did a manual restart and now im stuck in the bootlogo..
    this is y i am beginning to give up on jailbreaking

• iphonejeff
    iphonejeff Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

I tried it with path tracker gps and checked with terminal and pathtracker was running nicely.

Finally this phone is useful, now lets watch the battery life drain:)

things to test with this new app are

sound apps
    im (like the guy before said)
    apps that need to alert you.

wow... this app has serious uses!

cant wait for the next version that may allow "task" management?

maybe now apple will get the idea that we want background running apps!!!!!

• Flame Red
    Flame Red Posts: 42
    via Wordpress

This thing is the greatest thing. Works great for apps like Pandora, so you can listen to your music while surfing!

• AnalogJunkie.com
    AnalogJunkie.com Posts: 10
    via Wordpress

Nice! I've been wanting this for awhile actually. I want my instant messenger to stay running so people can IM me. I still get messages, but only if I open the program. I wondering if this will let me be notified of new IMs. :D

I'm sure it will be useful for many apps.

• Brad
    Brad Posts: 54
    via Wordpress

I tried installing this, and now Im stuck, and cant reload, what do I do?

• Mark
    Mark Posts: 267
    via Wordpress

sweet black baby jesus in the form of borack obama... i love this sheet. Yes my exclamations of excitement are not very eloquent. But who da %&#$ cares beeshes!

• Stephen
    Stephen Posts: 33
    via Wordpress

Just wanted to say thank you for developing such a useful tool. Much appreciated and keep up the good work!!!

• John
    John Posts: 790
    via Wordpress

Wow, you have to hack the iPhone just to get functionality that Windows Mobile users have had for years? Hahahaha fucking pathetic.

Enjoy not being able to copy-paste or record video, losers XD

iPhone; shiny toys for children with $200 to waste.

• Onnari
    Onnari Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Copy-paste is now possible and recording video has been around for quite a while now.

So, guess what. The iPhone can do everything Windows Mobile can without the lag. Cool, right!

• Roman
    Roman Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

This works nicely with fring! Now I can have fring running in the background and get beeped at if someone tries to chat to me.

My battery sucks even more now!

Also does anyone know how I can get fring to SIP over 3G??????

• Traci
    Traci Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Is there a trick to locating the iPhone-Backgrounder app? I have jailbroken my iPhone 3g. I have installed the community sources package inside Installer so that I have the default sources as well as the community sources. I don't seem to be able to locate the iPhone-Backgrounder app from these sources. Which sources do I need to have installed or what do I search under in order to locate and install the iPhone-Backgrounder app? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Traci

• spenrock
    spenrock Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Great to hear it works with Fring. In order to get Fring to run on 3G, install VOIPover3G via Cydia. Lets you run Fring (i.e. Skype) on 3G. Only problem is that you would always have to leave Fring as the open app. If it runs well with Backgrounder, that would seem to solve all the problems. You can now have open Fring with Backgrounder and always be available to take calls and chats on 3G! Sounds too good to be true, I'll give it a try.

• Justin
    Justin Posts: 142
    via Wordpress

traci, it won't show up as an application on your home screen. the only time you ever see it is when you hold the home button to enable backgrounding of an app (it is what is referred to as a console package)

• Justin
    Justin Posts: 142
    via Wordpress

this app works great with fring and beejiveIM. with beejiveIM and backgrounder it doesn't concern me that push is not 'officially' supported because i have all the (albeit illegitimate) functionality i need as far as IM goes.

• Nisar
    Nisar Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

There is a latest update on the app.
    Its a very good upgrade for iPhone back ground which I was waiting for ...
    But it came with a bug, which makes the application un usable, meaning if I enable Auto back grounding for some Application say MAIL, and if I try to open MAIL as first step, then I couldn't open any of the application.

http://digitalworld-in.blogspot.com/

• Eric in Nebraska
    Eric in Nebraska Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Hi All,

I am using backgrounder to allow me to run multiple apps at the same time. This is the main reason that i jailbroke my iphone. I am wondering if anyone knows how much memory SB Settings and Winterboard uses? and if I would be better off not running those programs so that I have more memory free to run other tools (mostly medical software)? I find that some programs will close out if I am running too many. I would love our thoughts on the matter.

• Jake
    Jake Posts: 62
    via Wordpress

Is there a way to list Active Apps that are running in the background and terminate from that list?

• mmorhafs@yaoo.com
    via Wordpress

Guys where can i download iPhone Backgrounder from?

I'm waiting for my iPhone and I need to learn how to unlock it and jailbreak it.

Thanks in advance.

• bhebhords_10@yahoo.com
    via Wordpress
    Guys, i've been using backgrounder for a month now and was working fine when i dock my downloading in ****, but after i upgraded my **** to 4.0, i cant dock it anymore. Phone keeps restarting on the safe mode. Please help.
  • HackerS
    HackerS Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I tried the backgrounder but all it does it keep crashing and respring my phone. I own a 3GS in IOS 5 I can almost do everything except that or does it depend on what beta I used?