Veency Allows iPhone Users to Remotely Control their iPhone

Options
^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageVeency Allows iPhone Users to Remotely Control their iPhone

We have already seen apps like Apple's excellent iPhone Remote for iTunes which works over Wi-Fi and allows you to control the music on your computer or Apple TV from your iPhone. We have also seen iPhone apps on the App Store which allow you to remotely access your Windows...

Read the full story here

Comments

• iPhone Skins
    iPhone Skins Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options

I have a nokia n95, which has lots of great apps, but I'm almost converted to an iphone.

About 98% at this point lol

All it's going to take is a couple more interesting posts like this. The apps I've read about are nothing short of amazing.

• rubencho
    rubencho Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options

can you remotely view your camera? i dont think this was mentioned. Either way pretty damn cool makes me wanna jailbreak my iphone again but zibri hasnt released anything good yet :(

• kliszcz3
    kliszcz3 Posts: 7
    via Wordpress
    Options

This is very cool but how would you go back to your home screen while using VNC?

• kliszcz3
    kliszcz3 Posts: 7
    via Wordpress
    Options

Hi everyone, sorry I have just seen it further up the post

• Louis
    Louis Posts: 180
    via Wordpress
    Options

Pretty cool! too bad there is no adapter so I can play these games on the iphone and view them on my TV and play them like the Nintendo Wii. Moto Racer would look cool on the big screen..

• daveuk87
    daveuk87 Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options

Just tried it, and yeah its smart only prob is that you have to accept the connection physically on the handset at the minute so i cant really remotly log in yet, but great potential!

• Jack S.
    Jack S. Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options

I'm a electronics tech and an electrical engineer...I love using VNC at work and I see no real point in actually having this application on your iphone.

I mean really...can't you just walk over to the next room and just GET your iphone??

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress
    Options

@Jack,

I guess we are just lazy :)

But you are right I couldn't think of any other practical use of the app other than the cool factor.

cheers!

• aw
    aw Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options

being able to view your camera could be a great and interesting feature.

Im suprised this hasn't been done already

• Scott
    Scott Posts: 164
    via Wordpress
    Options

The purpose would be this

what if you didnt have intenret at home

you could just use this and make the window bigger and use your computer to surf through your iphone for free

I mean you already pay for it.

• Marcus
    Marcus Posts: 91
    via Wordpress
    Options

i must be a moron i got veency when I go to install ultravnc it errors so i cant get it installed right

• rizz
    rizz Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options

can we connect our iphone with PC anyware in the world when wifi is avaliable ? I mean i tried when I got iphone in my house...My brother took it to Other city...I was trying to connect from my home but never successfull...I took his ip adress.....i dnt know if someone else is facing that prob.....

• Hilary
    Hilary Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options

it has security implications. firstly if your phone is stolen you should be able to remotely access it and lock it, blow it up or short the crapola out of the thief. Also it works the other way round. vnc from our iphone to your pc. the application should allow for a pre-set password that does not ask the current user of the phone. as for the IP address over 3g how do you that?

• neilwolson@hotmail.com
    via Wordpress
    Options

The only thing I use it for is so I can work at my desk and send text messages from my phone, etc without undocking it and having to type on the iphone keyboard. I too would like to know if it can be used over 3G.

• Peter
    Peter Posts: 110
    via Wordpress
    Options

>I too would like to know if it can be used over 3G.

No, it doesn't, unless you establish a VPN first. You then need to find out what IP address you have on the VPN. If you have mobileTerminal installed, type "ifconfig" and look at the ppp0: entry. It'll depend on your VPN setup but for me, I use a PP2P connection to a windows SBS2003 server, and I get a 192.168.0.xxx address (xxx varies each time I connect). You can then use that 192 address in Chicken of the VNC.

Pretty roundabout, but it works!

• Karan
    Karan Posts: 10
    via Wordpress
    Options

You can remotely login without being near your iPhone. Just go to the settings screen(its where the general settings for the iphone reside) for Veency and set a password. Next time you login you just need to enter the password on your desktop VNC client and hey you are connected.

• Karan
    via Wordpress
    Options

Yes you can, but only if the iPhone is on a network which provides globally static ip address to the devices/computers connected to it.

• Karan
    via Wordpress
    Options

I found a great reason to use this app. I use my iPod touch to play music on my 5.1 music system which isnt in the same room as where I work so I use this app to control what I am playing on my iPod :)

• PRIMUS
    PRIMUS Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options

Yeah, this thing is incredible in finicky service areas.

• Anthony
    Anthony Posts: 66
    via Wordpress
    Options
    So...1. I was able to successfully install both Veency and TightVNC server..2. I insert the IP address, located under my Settings> WiFi, into where the VNC client states "VNC Server:"...3. I click "Connect"...4. Yet I can never establish a connection? What am I doing wrong?NOTE: I am using my work IPs. There are multiple wifi connections throughout the office and I've tried them all. Unsuccessful!
  • Anthony
    Anthony Posts: 66
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Also NOTE:Am using an iPhone 4
  • Sharpenednoodles
    Sharpenednoodles Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I cant get the screen to display on my pc, however i can still see the mouse omy ipodim on an ipt2g ios4.2.1
  • YK Prakash
    YK Prakash Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Guys seem to wonder what's the use of this. My iphone's touch pad is slightly defective. The middle portion doesn't work. So, I use veency to send messages. It's cool.
  • anonymous
    anonymous Posts: 106
    via Wordpress
    Options
    my workplace prohibits usage of phones, they should be kep in the lockers.. isn't it cool to remotely control your phone? i just have to figure out how to use wifi from my desktop workstation... and how to bypass the security GFI monitor to attach a portable wifi device :s