Step-By-Step Guide to ReVirginize or Restore iPhone

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageStep-By-Step Guide to ReVirginize or Restore iPhone

One of the most commonly asked questions by iPhone users who want to jailbreak their iPhone is: "Is possible to recover if things go horribly wrong while trying to hack their iPhone?" The answer to that question is "Yes" and the process to do it is called "ReVirginize" or Restoring...

Read the full story here

Comments

• NM1_STUNNA
    NM1_STUNNA Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Fairly old info, but i guess it would be helpful if i just got an iphone today.

• mike
    mike Posts: 489
    via Wordpress

I have been told that the iPhone restore can leave behind some information. If that is the case should you wipe it before restoring?

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 63
    via Wordpress

what about the app store? will it still be there if i unlock my iphone? will i still have the apps i paid for on my phone if i unlock it?

• David
    David Posts: 225
    via Wordpress

but is the big deal about?

I virgenized my iphone, went to Apple store to fix it.
    BUT they said to me that once i bring an iphone to fix, it can leave the store ONLY if it is ACTIVATED! i tried to argue with them, but they said only activated iphone can be returned.
    i told them, HEY i bought my 1st gen iphone by web, and got it to my doors, and it was UNACTIVATED! but they just like robots, said me same same....
    (p.s. they were ready to exchange my iphone, because i have white spots on me screen)

anyone else had such a problem?

• David
    David Posts: 225
    via Wordpress

i bought it from www.apple.com 8 months ago.

• charles atienza
    charles atienza Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

hey can u pls help..when im downloading something from the appstore it always appears that low diskspace..but the free space is 6 gig plus.,.,.,.,how can i solve it.,.,.,.what can be the problem.,.,.,.,?

• charles atienza
    via Wordpress

when ive done that dfu my iphone didnt turn on .,.,.,.,., i cant turn it on.,.,.,.pls answer.,.,.,!

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

Hey Charles,

Sorry to hear about your problem.

There should be no reason why you should have a problem putting your iPhone in DFU if you have followed the instructions mentioned above.

So please try the instructions again.

Please do ensure that your iPhone is charged.

cheers!

• charles atienza
    via Wordpress

ok,,,,should i wait for the downloading of iphone software update first.,.,?

• JRP
    JRP Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

IS THIS REALLY WORK IF DOESN'T THEN SCREW IT
    BETTER NOT DO ANYTHING WITH MY IPHONE

• abe
    abe Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

When you restore, it only takes a few minutes to Activate your Iphone. I don't know why you had problems with the Apple Store, you should have been activated after your restore.

I had to restore mine the other day, just jumped back to the pineapple while I was sending a text message.

Quick restore and activation and I was done.

• EP
    EP Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

Does this work if you have a 1st gen iphone and want to revirginize it?? I have to send mine in, and need it revirginized, but this almost seems to easy... it seems like there would be more to do to revirginize it...

• Arpit
    Arpit Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

can anyone help me .... i tried to update my iphone software ... bt as soon the update process was done .my iphone crashed n it doesnt recognises the SIM card. i foned apple n they said they cant help me bcoz i took it from an independent network company which gave me iphone unlocked ?

• Ken
    Ken Posts: 114
    via Wordpress

I have tried to jail break my 3g iphone and everything seems to be working fine. The program says that it was completed successfully. The phone reboots and stays with the pineapple logo. I went through step by step, so any suggestions are welcome.

• graham
    graham Posts: 13
    via Wordpress

Trying to restore mine problem is it wants to automatically update my iPhone 3G to software version 2.2

• bolingo69
    bolingo69 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

OK, I am having severe problems to get my "maidenhead" back. I had a pwnage 2.1 iPhone that started to get automatically updated with the new Apple firmware 2.2 and I interrupted that which gave me an unbootable iPhone so I did a restore from an earlier backup of 2.1 then did a new jailbreak with the same Pwened 2.1 and all was dandy until I downloaded openSSH beta and Unix file system beta that ended my lucky streak and I was back to an unbbotable brick again. Even when putting it in DFU (Device Firmware Upgrade) mode it freezes iTunes and I have to reboot my computer!!!!
    What can I do short of passing it to the benevolence of the techincal support staff of the Telephone Operator of my iPhone (i.e. Telia Sonera Sweden in my case)
    Any suggestions are most welcome!

• Celal
    Celal Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Hello ı bought a iphone 3g 8gb from Aplle in Turkey .I want to jaılbrake .I will ask a litte qouestion . When ı restore my phone , will it be activated again ?

• meg
    meg Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

This was actually really helpful!

I bought my boyfriend (who already has cingular) an iphone off of ebay for christmas. It came unlocked and jailbroken, but since he already has a blackberry plan, I'm just going to throw his simcard in the iphone as is afterI restore it.

Does that sound right to anyone?

• joel philipines
    joel philipines Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

how i back my iphone in 2.1 because my brother go in itunes and he click for upgrade now i have problem in signal and i use it can work i try to reset the phone but its not back the signal

• joel philipines
    joel philipines Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

my iphone from canada bring my antie and she ask me to jailbrck it and i try to some know how to fix it.its 2.1 but the problem when i go in my itunes i click the update now i can use my iphone 3g because of signal are gone so can help me to fix it and the simbooster are not working for the signal
    so any person can help me back in 2.1 or can fix the signal in 2.2 in my iphone plss...thanks

• juanshot
    juanshot Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Followed all steps, restored 3 times, switched between 2.2 and 2.1, and my first gen iPhone remains unlocked! I need to take it to the genius bar for wifi problems but I can't revirginize it. Help!!!!!

• Stephen
    Stephen Posts: 33
    via Wordpress

my iPhone 3G is connected to a Vodafone network in Malta, if I have to restore would the activation still work? I guess this would apply to all other non AT&T networks. Cheers

• Zoey
    Zoey Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

by restoring, u also need to update it, can i not update it and still restore it to the original setting? cuz last time i restore it, it also update it for me, and when its finish, i cant call anyone, why is that?

• Franco
    Franco Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

If you know you have firmware 2.2 on your phone want to activate with out sim card all you have to do is run quickpawn and it will work fine

no need to use itunes or at&t

• Franco
    Franco Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

if you are restoring your jailbroken iphone through itunes DO NOT BACK UP because it will not work

• Stephen
    Stephen Posts: 33
    via Wordpress

Is it possible to get a jailbroken iPhone and get it back to the original non jailbroken self with this method?. Cheers

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

Hey Stephen,

All you need to do is restore your iPhone to get it back to the non-jailbroken state.

• Allan Posadas
    Allan Posadas Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Hi i have a 3g 16gb iphone, i live in mexico and i bought it from telcel, i only made the jailbreak but i have the power down button broken so i need to take it to apple, if i do this "revirginize" will i be able to take it to mac...? Im running 2.1 firmware so my question is whats the difference between doing it like the guide here or just letting itunes uprade my phone to 2.2.1

Thanks for your time ^^

• LLP
    LLP Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Hi, I have a question... I unlocked/jailbroke my 1st generation iphone months ago using the pwnage tool. Worked great...yesterday I was downloading an app from the app. store and the phone crashed. Now when it is on there is only the pineapple logo and it will not do anything. I have tried shutting it off and on, connected it to itunes as well but it is no longer recognized. Will I be able to restore it? I have a Mac and was also reading about the issues with 10.5.6. and putting the phone into DFU mode...
    Any advise would be greatly appreciated... thanks!

• rmb
    rmb Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Excelent!!! The DFU/Revirginize tip was the missing part. After that my iPhone re-borned! :)
    thanks!