Trapster Alerts iPhone Users of Speed Traps, Red Light Cameras & Other Live Police Traps

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageTrapster Alerts iPhone Users of Speed Traps, Red Light Cameras & Other Live Police Traps

An interesting new iPhone app called Trapster has been released which will alert iPhone users of approaching speed traps, red light cameras and other live police traps. Trapster makes use of Wi-Fi, cell tower location positioning and GPS features of iPhone to find out your current location and uses social...

Read the full story here

Comments

• thedevilsjester
    thedevilsjester Posts: 25
    via Wordpress

All it takes is some police officers in your area that have iPhones, going around "reporting" false traps in all sorts of random places, or some reject with nothing better to do than mess with people, to make an app like this absolutely useless.

Its interesting as a novelty, nothing more.

Also I remember reading about at least four similar apps for the iPhone, so "Trapster" isnt the only game in town.

• T. Payne
    T. Payne Posts: 25
    via Wordpress

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! I had this idea last thanksgiving as I was driving from Mississippi to Kentucky and seen like a thousand cops and I have been trying to develop it but havent been good enough with the SDK :-( my hopes of being rich are gone !

• T. Payne
    T. Payne Posts: 25
    via Wordpress

I was going to call it Emergency Vehicle Transponder... to get around the moral issue and say its more of a tool to be aware of ALL emergency vehicles and not just dodge cops

• InSovietRussiaPhoneEyesYou
    via Wordpress

Apparently this app is as stable as the US economy at the moment. All but one of the reviews I've read so far report that it works for about 2 mins once and then consistently crashes after that. And not only is the app crashing, but you have to hard reset the iPhone to get it to unfreeze.
    Haven't tried it myself for that reason. I'll wait for an update.

• Jared
    Jared Posts: 67
    via Wordpress

Yeah not to mention this app and another one similar have been out for a while now...and wouldn't you know it...they both suck.

Sorry iPhone Hacks...stop posting useless crap just because you are in need of articles (ie...iphone vs other phones!, etc....)

Maybe the need for a website like this is dwindling. blog.iphone-dev.org has stopped weekly posting and now you end up digging for scraps.

• Abdou
    Abdou Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

I'm from Morocco, and an app like this will get people happier than ever, it'll save a lot of trouble, but when i used it this morning i thought it will automatically detect police traps without the fact being already reported by any one else using the Assisted GPS Features of the iphone3G but i figured out that it use the social network of tipsters users to fire traps.

this app stays amazing but needs more features,

it does not crash after 2 min of use as some users reported.

thanks.

• Louis
    Louis Posts: 180
    via Wordpress

Interesting nice app...I work in NYC and right now there is a police car in a bush...Can't recall ever seeing anyone in manhattan get pulled over for speeding... Maybe for going to slow. but if you're not moving fast in NY then something is wrong..

Hummm

• Thepartyguy
    Thepartyguy Posts: 57
    via Wordpress

it works this apps just saved me a ticket

• Thepartyguy
    Thepartyguy Posts: 57
    via Wordpress

it works this apps just saved me a ticket

• stack
    stack Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

This app is not working with an EDGE connection. My Iphone is from first generation. Please build something for our first generation Iphone.

• mbhullar
    mbhullar Posts: 43
    via Wordpress

Not sure why users take their anger out on iphonehacks web site. Are they charging you to use this website, if you don't like their postings just don't use it. I may or may not like the application, however, I'm thankful that they make me aware of it, I can then make my own judgment. There's only so much news that goes around on daily basis on iphone....

• baked
    baked Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

this app crashes instantly for me. dont know how others get it to work.

iPhone 3G 2.1 Jailbreak

• Jianwen
    Jianwen Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I'm from Singapore.I'm wonder will this work in Singapore? If this work, i'll have no more worries of being receive tickets