New MacBook Users Reporting Problems Running iPhone Dev Team's Pwnage Tool?

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageNew MacBook Users Reporting Problems Running iPhone Dev Team's Pwnage Tool?

The iPhone Dev Team have claimed that it was impossible for Apple to fix the bug they had exploited to develop their Pwnage Tool which they claimed could only be prevented by a hardware fix. However, Apple Engineers had proved them wrong (kind of) by figuring out a way to...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Jack S.
    Jack S. Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

well lets just start by saying I had 4 drinks..
    I've had no problems with the pwnagetool. **** imdrunk.

• Caco Potoso
    Caco Potoso Posts: 14
    via Wordpress

This action by apple is truly dishonest. It is MY device. I am getting tired of all this crap. I own a lot of apple hardware (from iphone, to 2 imacs, and an eight-core mac pro). I was considering getting an apple tv for my entertainment center, but looking how closed it also is I will not.

• Free Wii
    Free Wii Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

This is not the best news I have heard. I have just found out about the iPhone hacks available. Particularly through this blog and now they are beginning to stop them.

Not Good

• Free PS3
    Free PS3 Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

I am surprised it took apple so long to stop this. All companies are going to attempt to stop anything which is going to risk the sales and security of their interests.

• duluen
    duluen Posts: 16
    via Wordpress

...worked for me, I just tried it. /Shrug

• ben
    ben Posts: 235
    via Wordpress

I really don't think this article holds any water. This is the only place I have read this and if it were indeed true, I would have expected that the iphone dev team would have commented on it by now. They are generally pretty good about being on top of this sort of thing. Even without a fix, they would have at least mentioned it.

This site is gaining momentum, as such many people rely on you now for iphone news - I really don't think you should be posting garbage like this without doing your research first.

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

Hey Ben,

Thanks for your comment and feedback.

If you refer to the article we have referred to and also linked to the source of this news which was Gizmodo and also discussion threads over at HowardForums and iPodTouchFans where some new MacBook users have reported issues.

We have also highlighted the fact that iPhone dev team haven't commented on this so far.

Hope this gives you the right perspective.

cheers!

• craftypilot
    craftypilot Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

Hello All,

YES it is blocked. I just purchased a new MacBook Pro and I can NOT use the jailbreak software on my iPhone 3g. I can use the same software on my last generation macBook Pro.
    So pleased be advised.

Mike

• Chris
    Chris Posts: 736
    via Wordpress

My new MBP won't do it.

itunes gives me an error saying it can't recognize the ipod.

:(

• Chad
    Chad Posts: 26
    via Wordpress

I also concur. I have a new MB and it gives an error (21) can't recognize the Ipod.

• Warren
    Warren Posts: 12
    via Wordpress

I have the same problem with 2.2 and my new Macbook. Noted a comment about using a 4-port usb hub inline with the iPhone and I tried it. Voila! Quickpwn 2.2 for the Mac works fine using the hub! Not sure what the limitations are but the new Macbook with the hub is OK.

• dude1
    dude1 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I just attempted with a new MB, pwnage process went fine, but then itunes could not recognize the iphone. later i turned on my iphone and it appeared to be normal, unpwned. I had 2.1, and used pwnage 2.2, does that cause any problems?

• jose
    jose Posts: 138
    via Wordpress

so is the problem with the new macbooks, or is it with OS 10.5.6?

i've got an imac, running 10.5.6 and am trying to JB my 3G (which is running 2.2.1). i have itunes, 8.1 which is the latest version. and i keep getting errpr 21, just like chad above.