Defective iPhone 3G Ultracompact USB Power Adapter Disassembled; Provides Clues to Apple's Decision

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageDefective iPhone 3G Ultracompact USB Power Adapter Disassembled; Provides Clues to Apple's Decision to Recall

Last month Apple had issued a recall for the Ultracompact USB Power Adapter that were shipped with every iPhone 3G in the form of an exchange program. Folks at MacMerc have disassembled one of those faulty Ultracompact USB Power Adapter to find out the reason that prompted the recall. If...

Read the full story here

Comments

• iconoclast
    iconoclast Posts: 10
    via Wordpress

I use my ultra-compact adapter all the time. Seeing the pictures I can totally see why they recalled the thing. But personally I don't use mine as a rugby football or for practicing my kung-fu, I only use it to recharge my phone.
    I'd probably put more strain on the lugs pulling it out of the socket to make the exchange than leaving it right where it is. But if I ever go to an apple store someday for some reason, I'll consider bringing it with me just in case.

• Rob
    Rob Posts: 314
    via Wordpress

I leave my ultra compact adapter in my room, plugged in. I just take the USB cord with me. After I heard about the recall I just decided not to mess with it until I was ready to make the exchange. However, I can plug the USB cord into ANY computer if I happen to need a charge.

Good design apple.

Also, someone needs to clean out under their fingernails.