CastCatcher Radio App Rejected Due to Excessive Bandwidth Consumption over Cellular Network

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageCastCatcher Radio App Rejected Due to Excessive Bandwidth Consumption over Cellular Network

Return 7 developer of iPhone Apps such as CastCatcher and BillMinder has recently published a post on their blog claiming that Apple has rejected a version update to their CastCatcher radio app due to excessive bandwidth consumption over cellular network. Apple has rejected or banned quite a few iPhone apps...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Mark
    Mark Posts: 267
    via Wordpress

I honestly hate AT&T. They've got everyone paying 30 a month for "unlimited" data usage, but it's far from unlimited. I believe that if I'm paying for it, I should be able to use any app, or any amount of my data plan that I want.

Granted, this is my first smart phone type of device with internet. So I don't completely know how it all works. But if I'm paying for it, I shouldn't have any restrictions.

• PMB
    PMB Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Generally unlimited means more than what is expected within normal usage. if you use alot more that normal usage then you are not covered by unlimited.

• Chris Wade
    Chris Wade Posts: 50
    via Wordpress

From Dictionary.com the definition of unlimited:
    Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) - Cite This Source - Share This
    un⋅lim⋅it⋅ed   [uhn-lim-i-tid] Show IPA Pronunciation
    –adjective
    1.not limited; unrestricted; unconfined: unlimited trade.
    2.boundless; infinite; vast: the unlimited skies.
    3.without any qualification or exception; unconditional.

Bottom line, is when you go with an "unlimited data plan" this is what you should get, unlimited, meaning without any qualification or exception, in other words unconditional.

• Rob
    Rob Posts: 314
    via Wordpress

Y'all make me laugh. I always like the comments that come along with these type of postings.

Since when has anyone believed marketers? C'mon, don't get all righteous...it's been known since before AT&T that "unlimited" doesn't mean unlimited. I blame dictionary.com...they should update it with the common use as used by major corporations in marketing their services to Joe 12-pack Americans.

I'm a realist...I know that if it was truly unlimited our data plans would probably soar to $100/mo. Have to pay for that network somehow. It's not as if we have the population density of Korea, where utilities can get more bang for their buck.

If you truly believe (as the righteous do) that you have been deceived, our system of justice provides an avenue for relief. Just file a lawsuit under the deceptive trade practices act. It's been done before and AT&T has lost for various other issues in several states over the years.

• Kray-Z
    Kray-Z Posts: 85
    via Wordpress

Ok this is my idea with all of this, first is there any were on AT&T's contracts/fine print that it says what unlimited is defined as for them or what restirctions there are except tethering? because if not then techinically speaking they can be tookn to court and have a huge lawsuite against them. Im very tempted to f**k with them and consecitivly dowload large volumes of files/pages/viedos anything really constently till they try to slap fees on me at wich point since i never tetherd and have legitimately used data within thier regulations i can take them to court for all their worth. Any body wanna join in? Teach AT&T a lesson? lol but no seriousely is there any lawyers out there that can check this out?

• Mike Brophy
    Mike Brophy Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I just had an app which is basically an RSS reader which streams .mp4 videos rejected for the same reason, despite the fact that several applications with identical functionality, including a Consumer Reports app which lets you stream video product reviews, are in the AppStore.

My first response asking Apple to clarify resulted in a boilerplate "thanks for your support request - please send screenshots, etc." like the support engineer didn't even bother reading my reply.

I've reached out to them again seeking answer to specific questions and their answer to why other apps with the same functionality have been approved and mine has not.