Apple to Launch 7-inch iPad With Retina Display in October For $200-$250?

System
System Posts: 446
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageApple to Launch 7-inch iPad With Retina Display in October For $200-$250?

Ever since Apple launched the iPad in 2010, there have been rumors that Apple will launch a smaller and cheaper version of their tablet - unofficially dubbed iPad mini.

The chatter has gotten a little louder ever since Amazon launched their Android-based tablet - Kindle Fire, which has been very successful.

Steve Jobs had famously taken a dig at Apple's competitors for launching tablets that sport a 7-inch screen back in 2010.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Will
    Will Posts: 104
    via Wordpress
    The Kindle Fire is sold at a loss.Apple is about making money.They have made even more money during the time the Kindle Fire has been out.Same goes for Android phones outselling iPhones.Apple makes nearly all the profit from the smartphone market.Other manufacturers don't make any money selling Android phones.Just exactly who is afraid?Just rumors.
  • Rumour Mill
    Rumour Mill Posts: 14
    via Wordpress
    "Other manufacturers don’t make any money selling Android phones."Sure, of course they don't. Not a single solitary penny.LOL
  • Rob Reilly
    Rob Reilly Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    It would be a master stroke - complete domination of the tablet space. It would be just like what they did with high capacity mp3 players - virtually no significant competition for the last 7 years of so when I wanted to replace my old Archos-the pre ipod hardrive player. And it would be a complete monopolizing disaster on the scale of Microsoft Windows......
  • mkimid
    mkimid Posts: 227
    via Wordpress
    7inch retina and 32nm A5X or A6 processor ? It is a downgrade model ? I feels that is a advanced version ..
  • HumanCentiPad
    HumanCentiPad Posts: 43
    via Wordpress
    Your mom thinks 7" is just right for her..
  • Izzy
    Izzy Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    What if it's an apple hybrid like the Galaxy Note? a 7" iphone/ipad like the 5.3" Galaxy Note. These are just rumors, so i guess anything is possible.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 63
    via Wordpress
    That WOULD be cool if they made an 8.9" one. (Like the discontinued Galaxy Tab) I mean, a 9"-10" display is just too large for my liking. And 7" is too small. But obviously it's not gonna happen.