FreedomPop Taking Pre-orders For iPhone Case With Built-in 4G Hotspot, Battery Extender

Options
System
System Posts: 446
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageFreedomPop Taking Pre-orders For iPhone Case With Built-in 4G Hotspot, Battery Extender

After the launch of 4G LTE iPad, Apple's next generation iPhone is widely expected to support 4G LTE network.

Until then, FreedomPop is offering a case, which they claim brings 4G speeds to Apple's iPhone.

FreedomPop - a startup backed by Skype co-founder Niklas Zennstrom, started taking pre-orders for its new iPhone case that aims to offer users 500 MB of free 4G data each month on Clearwire's WiMAX network. Dubbed the Freedom Sleeve 4G, the case is available for pre-order for $99.

Read the full story here

Comments

• TheRealMoe
    TheRealMoe Posts: 22
    via Wordpress
    Options
    LOL 8mbs down? thts my regular 3g lol.... pathetic case... upload is 4 aswell. cmon guys dont be fooled by this case, move to canada for a reasonable cell plan!
  • Apple
    Apple Posts: 105
    via Wordpress
    Options
    No way is your 3g 8mbs, run the test with kbt and you'll see how fast it is. This case is cool because you can use other devices to connect to the internet.
  • Db trill
    Db trill Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    The only thing is they dropped from 1gb a month to 500mb...besides that it's a great idea but like I said now I'm holding off to see what they do with the data amount given...
  • Grime
    Grime Posts: 216
    via Wordpress
    Options
  • Apple
    Apple Posts: 105
    via Wordpress
    Options
  • Grime
    Grime Posts: 216
    via Wordpress
    Options
    500 Gbs is a joke. CARRIERS INCREASE DATA SPEEDS AND SET LOWER DATA CAPS (Am I the only person who sees something wrong with that scenario) so you'll use data more quickly and then happily charge you more when you exceed their already ridiculously low data cap. I know the unlimited phase is over, but 500Gbs is nothing. I bought a smart phone so I could use features like email, browsing the web, streaming music and video or whatever I chose, and 2 or 3Gb plans supplemented by 500 Gbs just doesn't cut it. I'm not downloading torrents tethered to a laptop, nor am I using Netflix as my primary source of home entertainment and I expect to be offered a reasonably priced plan that meets my basic needs without having to be nickled and dimed into paying extra. If this inversely proportional ratio of speed and data caps continues then the consumer is doomed. I hope that answers your question.
  • Jordan2611
    Jordan2611 Posts: 10
    via Wordpress
    Options
    @TheRealMo......I SMELL BULLSHIT. CANADA IS FULL OF RAPISTS, SNITCHES AND **** POP-ARTISTS.AMERICAS HAD YOU AS ITS **** FOR YEARS, AND WE HERE IN UK STILL RULE OVER YOU lol. FUCKING RAPISTS/SNITCH, BULLSHITTERS I HOPE BIN LADEN KILLS EVERYONE IN TORONTO U FUCKING SNITCH!!So stop with your lies. I hope your wife and kids get raped and ditched in a shallow hole naked. Your mother is dead haha of aids ya fucking ****
  • SBNP
    SBNP Posts: 15
    via Wordpress
    Options
    FWIW, I have tried clear 2 times in my life. The last time was as recent as 2 months ago. They are the same crappy useless supported company they have always been.I spent over $70 in antenna equipment to get the clear hot spot to work in so-called covered area. The frequency they use barely penetrates a house let alone a car. Hence the reason, LTE operated on 700mhz . CLEAR=EPIC FAIL.They are on the verge of going out of business. after your 30day warranty you will end up with a $100 useless sled. You could not pay me to use it.