Dev Team Releases Redsn0w 0.9.11b2 to Add Support For iOS 5.0.1 (Build 9A406)

Options
System
System Posts: 446
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageDev Team Releases Redsn0w 0.9.11b2 to Add Support For iOS 5.0.1 (Build 9A406)

Yesterday, iPhone Dev team released Redsn0w 0.9.11b1 that allowed users to downgrade their iPhone 4S and iPad 2 from iOS 5.1.1 or iOS 5.1 to iOS 5.0.1.

However, they had inadvertently missed out including support for iOS 5.0.1 (build 9A406) - the tweaked version of iOS 5.0.1 that Apple had released to fix the "Unknown SIM", "No SIM card installed" problem.

iPhone Dev team has just released Redsn0w 0.9.11b2 to add support for iOS 5.0.1 (build 9A406).

Read the full story here

Comments

• Stan Omoregie
    Stan Omoregie Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Nice!Thanks for the hard work.
  • centrick
    centrick Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Help guys!iPad 2 32GB WiFi-3G (iPad2,2). Tried on two different PCs, restore into hacked 5.1.1 works fine, but when restoring to 5.0.1 it stucks at around 60% progress (on iPad bar) with redsn0w stating "Flashing NOR".Suggestions?
  • centrick
    centrick Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Help guys!iPad 2 32GB WiFi-3G (iPad2,2). Tried on two different PCs, restore into hacked 5.1.1 works fine, but when restoring to 5.0.1 it stucks at around 60% progress (on iPad bar) with redsn0w stating "Flashing NOR".
  • Vik
    Vik Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    Options
    can i restore my iphone 4s on 5.0.1 with this method.i am having some problems with my phone and i need to restore pls help....thanks
  • Jimbo1967
    Jimbo1967 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    This worked perfectly for me. Great work guys!!
  • Paula Tejano
    Paula Tejano Posts: 13
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Hey iPhoneHacks, the tip from Chris is for iTunes backup restoration problem (it won't allow you to restore a backup made in an earlier iOS to a previous iOS version), not to do the downgrade process using the iOS 5.0.1 9A406.
  • BiLLyJAcK
    BiLLyJAcK Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options
    This is a stupid ? But I'm sick of websurfing so here it is :I jailbroke the 4S on 5.0.1. Was forced to upgrade to 5.1. Got all excited about the downgrade, but never saved blobs locally, as Cydia is supposed to cache them on that server. I tried the downgrade process, but it Redsn0w can't retrieve them from Cydia nor can tinyumbrella.... Am I screwed? So I have to wait for pod2g's 5.1 JB? Why doesn't Cydia have them from the previous JB? Any help is MUCH appreciated !!
  • Ryan
    Ryan Posts: 260
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Thank you. I love that I could go back. I couldnt do it in restore mode though. It had to be in dfu mode. I was running iOS 5.1 then tried to go back. It didn't work so I decided to update. I tried with 5.1.1 and it still didn't work. I had to download tiny umbrella to get out of restore mode. By the way, I didn't save my shsh blobs. I was already updated to 5.1 and when I ran tiny umbrella it found my shsh's for 4.3 and 5.0.1 I realized I needed to be in dfu mode then it worked. So much better to be jailbroken again. Some apps don't like 5.0.1 though. I can't put any of my iWork's back on unless I go to **** and find an older copy. Just a thought for those having the same problem.
  • javatechnic
    javatechnic Posts: 8
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Hi all, can this new released redsn0w downgrade iOS 5.1.1 to iOS 5.0.1 for iPhone 3GS? Please advice...thanks
  • Hubert CKL
    Hubert CKL Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Finally, my ip4S could downgrade to 5.0.1.Purchased with 5.0.1 b (9A406) pre-installed.JB to 5.0.1 (9A405).Upgraded to 5.1.1 (9B206).Downgrade with Redsn0w 0.9.11b1 (5.0.1 (9A405).ipsw selected) and failed at waiting for iphone response.Removed and re-installed itune.Device got driver re-installed in win7 at each downgrade writing to iphone phase. Downgraded with Redsn0w 0.9.11b2 (5.0.1 b (9A406).ipsw selected) and worked like a charm.
  • Cornel
    Cornel Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Hi all!Can some one tell me please, it this update of redsnow working on iphone 4, or just for iphone 4s? Thanks
  • lol
    lol Posts: 79
    via Wordpress
    Options
    can you teach me how in a simple clear details? im stuck in recovery mode as restore failed on tat stage & now i can't get out. tinyumbrella can't recognized my ipad 2. pls help. im totally stuck for 2 days now. ty