TinyUmbrella Updated to Add Support For iOS 5.1.1

System
System Posts: 446
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageTinyUmbrella Updated to Add Support For iOS 5.1.1

notcom a.k.a semaphore has released a new version of TinyUmbrella (5.11.00b) that allows iPhone, iPad and iPod touch users to save SHSH blobs for iOS 5.1.1, that was released by Apple earlier in the week.

TinyUmbrella allows you to take backups of SHSH blobs (ECID SHSH) that can be used to downgrade to older iOS versions even after Apple stops signing the iOS firmware file. It can come in handy if you end up accidentally upgrading to the latest version of iOS.

Read the full story here

Comments

• krakimon
    krakimon Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    guys i have a slight issue my 4S sleep button is stuck im gonna go for replacement but im running 5.0.1 JB but those bastards they gonna give me 5.1.1 as a replacement im sure is there any way that i can save SSH blobs from my 4S and than Downgrade the new phone ??? Thanks alot
  • Aiden
    Aiden Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    SHSH are specific to the phone so no blobs will work on your new one. Just hope it's on 5.0.1
  • HELP
    HELP Posts: 23
    via Wordpress
    I am currently on iOS 5.1 iPad3 if you will and trying to save blobs for either 5.1 or 5.1.1 and it (TinyUmbrella latest version) keeps telling me;CYDIA DOES NOT HAVE YOUR SHSH FOR iPad33GSM 5.1 (9B176) THERE IS NO WAY FOR YOU TO GET THEM. SORRY. YOU ARE JUST TOO LATECYDIA DOES NOT HAVE YOUR SHSH FOR iPad33GSM 5.1.1 (9B206) THERE IS NO WAY FOR YOU TO GET THEM. SORRY. YOU ARE JUST TOO LATE.Why??????
  • iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress
    Uncheck "Request SHSH from Cydia" option under the Advanced tab and click the "Save SHSH" button again. You should now be able to save the SHSH blobs for iOS 5.1.1 (and iOS 5.1 until Apple keeps signing it).It is expected behavior as Cydia doesn't have the SHSH blobs as you haven't jailbroken your iPad 3 yet, which means you haven't launched Cydia for it to save the SHSH blobs on its servers.
  • HELP
    HELP Posts: 23
    via Wordpress
    thank you, it works now05/12/2012 23:08:23.867 iPad33GSM 5.1.1 (9B206) SHSH SUCCESSFULLY saved! 05/12/2012 23:08:24.187 iPad33GSM 5.1 (9B176) SHSH SUCCESSFULLY saved!
  • Keith
    Keith Posts: 63
    via Wordpress
    If I'm understanding this correctly, I should be able to use this and save the blobs then downgrade to 5.0.1 and jb my phone even though I have never jb'ed my phone before? Is this correct?
  • mp01juve
    mp01juve Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    You can use Cydia with ipad3 5.1? I thought the device had to be jailbroken already for that
  • clueliss
    clueliss Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    i saved the shsh now im trying to downgrade with redsn0w and i have an ipad 3 with 5.1. am i supposed to use the IPSWs for the ipad 2 cause i cant find ones for the ipad 3
  • Kimk69
    Kimk69 Posts: 213
    via Wordpress
    Yeah, if you have the blobs from 5.0.1 saved which expired a while ago. No way to save 5.0.1 now, only 5.1 & 5.1.1If you do have 5.0.1 saved then you can downgrade with the new redsnow and jailbreak but something is telling me your mixed up and don't have 5.0.1 saved. Good luck.
  • clueliss
    clueliss Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    nevermind this completely answered my question. please disregard my question below
  • george
    george Posts: 88
    via Wordpress
    ipad 2 wifi, tinyumbrella already stop saving shsh blobs for my device. :(
  • foxtrot
    foxtrot Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    hello, i m using ios 5.1.1 on my iphone 4 so how can i save shsh blobs????? and can u pliz explain what is shsh blobs ,,
  • Bryce
    Bryce Posts: 17
    via Wordpress
    Why does Cydia save my shsh blobs For iOS 5.1 even though I didn't jailbreak iOS 5.1 on my iPad? I was on iOS 5.1 (not jailbroken) before, then jail broke it through www.jailbreakme.com. (downgraded to 4.3.5)
  • Bryce
    via Wordpress
    So basically I'm on 4.3.5 with iOS 5.1 shsh blob saved on Cydia, and I didnt even jailbreak 5.1 before.
  • iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress
    With TinyUmbrella you can take a backup of the SHSH for iOS versions that Apple is signing.In case of Cydia, it does it automatically, so if you had launched Cydia when Apple was signing iOS 5.1, Cydia would have saved the SHSH blobs for iOS 5.0.1 for you on its servers.
  • Eswar
    Eswar Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Not able to save shsh for iphone 3gs of 5.1.1 via the latest tinyumbrella even after Uncheck “Request SHSH from Cydia” option under the Advanced tab
  • Eswar
    Eswar Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    shsh for ios 5.1.1 not saving for iphone 3gs even after Uncheck “Request SHSH from Cydia” option under the Advanced tab
  • Khalid
    Khalid Posts: 7
    via Wordpress
    when i try to get local Blob which i saved in shsh .......... show me those blobs do not appear to match the IPSW build my phone 4s with 5.1.1 and i try to downgrade help please
  • Khalid
    Khalid Posts: 7
    via Wordpress
    i can not find 5.0.1 on the Blob which i got them from umbrella
  • Bryce
    via Wordpress
    I didn't even jailbreak my device when I was on 5.1 and when I downgraded to 4.3.5, Cydia saved 5.1 shsh blob.
  • Finalbrez
    Finalbrez Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    Help cannot close compressed file
  • Jet
    Jet Posts: 9
    via Wordpress
    I get an error when running Tinyumbrella. Is there some install process that needs to be done?I am on 5.1, no jailbreak, windows 7.I used iTunes to restore after I did a jailbreak. Thanks, Jet
  • Bryce
    via Wordpress
    When I saved my shsh blobs on tiny umbrella, I was on 5.1 (not jail broken) but when I used 4.3.5 shsh blob to downgrade my 5.1, it work! But when I jail broke 4.3.5, Cydia displayed that I have a 5.1 shsh blob. But I didn't even jailbreak 5.1 before.
  • Bryce
    via Wordpress
    So let's say apple is signing 5.1.1 then is Cydia going to save 5.1 shsh blobs for me even though I didn't jailbreak 5.1 before?
  • Jarrett Z
    Jarrett Z Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    It doesn't matter if you ever Jailbroke it before. Point is, you saved the Apple signed SHSH blobs on tiny umbrella witch in return, saved your UDID blobs to cydias main servers for storage
  • GeO
    GeO Posts: 24
    via Wordpress
    Hello. I'm trying to save the shsh for my ipad 3 but the device does not appear in the connected device list. I tried on a desktop with Vista 32bit and a laptop with Win 7 64bit. The new iPad is connected to the computer via USB, it opens iTunes, I can sync it, but it does not appear in tinyumbrella. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.
  • Lukas
    Lukas Posts: 15
    via Wordpress
    Thanks it works !!! :)
  • asad
    asad Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    tinyumbrella-5.11.00b does not detects my ipad 2 5.1.1...tried entering manual ECID but still no luck...plz help....
  • Tony
    Tony Posts: 145
    via Wordpress
    Hi i have a new ipad 3 Wifi/4g what do i need to do my jailbreal ? Please i need your help !!!
  • yuh
    yuh Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    HELP NEEDED!Ihave ipad 2 wifi + 3g, running 5.0.1 today i tried to saved SHSH blobs using tinyumbrella 5.11.01 for my 5.0.1 version but it has saved blops for 5.1.1 and now if i run cydia it says "SH IOS 5.1.1" did i go something wrong? would i be able to save blops 5.0.1 again or not? would i be able to downgrade to 5.0.1 in future if with these SHSH blops? please somebody clear me if it all good