Apple Still Hasn't Finalized Next iPhone's Design

Options
System
System Posts: 446
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageApple Still Hasn't Finalized Next iPhone's Design

Back in March, iMore had reported that the next generation iPhone (iPhone 5,1) will be available later this fall/October will feature the same 3.5-inch screen or very close to it, support 4G LTE networks and come with  a new micro dock connector.

Rene Ritchie of iMore has provided the latest update on Apple's sixth generation iPhone based on information he has received from his source.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Jorge
    Jorge Posts: 125
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I believe you meant sixth generation iphone!
  • Que
    Que Posts: 48
    via Wordpress
    Options
    The thinner the phone, the easier it is to drop it. The smart thing is the buy a case for your $300 - $700. I'm satisfied with the screen size. Just give me 4G capabilities to go with my unlimited data and I'm happier than a squirrel with a nut.
  • Steve
    Steve Posts: 326
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I agree completely. 4G + retaining unlimited data plan is really the only thing I'm looking forward to.
  • RiCo
    RiCo Posts: 51
    via Wordpress
    Options
  • iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Yup, thanks for pointing it out.
  • FukYoCouch
    FukYoCouch Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options
    ^ amen!Make a wider & taller phone! Evo has the best size!
  • Emurray
    Emurray Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Look if they don't go to a 4inch or higher screen size I'm out! With win8 coming out the iPhone isn't the only great player on the block. I have big hands and 4.5 fits perfect in my hands,pockets and everything else.
  • genXhippie
    genXhippie Posts: 95
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I prefer the current 4:3 aspect ratio. Imo, it makes for much enjoy reading, as oppose to 9:5 aspect ratio.
  • subverted
    subverted Posts: 7
    via Wordpress
    Options
    wider and taller. 4" screen, maintain 4:3 aspect ratio, increase resolution to 1080x720 to maintain dpi (resulting in ~324 dpi, about the same as ~326 dpi in the current 4/4S)
  • Ken
    Ken Posts: 114
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I agree! I love my iPhone, but the screen size is too small. If they don't make it bigger I will have to seriously consider jumping ship for Android. I use the phone more and more like a mini tablet, and 3,5" just isn't big enough any more.
  • Jays_on
    Jays_on Posts: 63
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I'm with you. Love ios but also love win phone. If apple stays with a micro screen I'm done. Hopfully someone releases a cool, sleek looking windows phone. Still think the HD7 is one of the best looking windows phones.
  • steve bill gay
    steve bill gay Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I think if they made a phone out of dog s*it and put an apple logo on it and called it the next iPhone most of you would wait in line for days to get one.
  • alvares-nenef
    alvares-nenef Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Hi guys, I'd like say that i'm fan of Apple products but if the next generation iPhone could have a bigger screen, i'll agree bcause 3.5 inch is too small. The capacities of their smartphone are the same of a small tablett and i hope iPhone 5 will have a bigger screen ! Thx and bye !
  • Pacomac
    Pacomac Posts: 145
    via Wordpress
    Options
    So this and all existing software will be rendered useless, and honestly why add those extra pixels, it's not as if you would notice the difference. If anything Apple will slightly decrease the pixel density and make it 4" which I feel is a perfect size.
  • ben
    ben Posts: 235
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I want a phone, not a brick... I had to sell my evo, then purchased the evo 3D, sold that too and on iPhone, I always had an iPhone until when I switch to sprint, because of the employee discount.
  • ben
    ben Posts: 235
    via Wordpress
    Options
  • JP
    JP Posts: 28
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Anything less than 4.5" and I'm not interested. They're out of touch with the market and user's desires if they don't increased the size of the screen.
  • danial
    danial Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    Options
    If apple doesn't give me a bigger screen I'm staying with my 4s . There's nothing I want l more then a bigger screen . I mean yea they could add lte but my data is fast enough they could upgrade the cameras idk mine r fine if they add a a5x chip it will be retarded honestly the 4s doesn't need more graphics it needs a faster processor . They need to do something big this time .
  • Sparky
    Sparky Posts: 17
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Let's make it with a A5X processor, a big 4.6 inch display & big fat battery so that I can use it without charging it within a day.
  • mkimid
    mkimid Posts: 227
    via Wordpress
    Options
    You may need to buy the other phone now. Because of it is extremely low possibility that Apple will anounce bigger size screen on iPhone.
  • City023
    City023 Posts: 55
    via Wordpress
    Options
    That's like saying, I'll keep my 4S but make it 4G. NO! New design and more screen will do it for me. I'd rather watchovies on it not close to my face but at least a few inches back.
  • City023
    City023 Posts: 55
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I agree, they should make it a killer taller to fit a bigger screen. Hate watching movies close to my face. HTC, Evo and Galaxy you can just place it 3-4 ft away and still looks perfect to watch a movie. For the haters or idiots that don't want a bigger screen, stay with your 4S and just upgrade to iOS6 when it's released.
  • Fran
    Fran Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Then buy an iPad or switch to Android and don't let the screen hit you on the way out. It is a phone not a freaking brick.
  • GuyZ
    GuyZ Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    Options
    If there will be no major update to the look and feel of the iphone (like retina and design change for the iphone 4) it will be terribly disappointing.Apple is losing it's edge to it's competitors as an innovative company.To stay 3 generations (4,4S and 5) with the same phone with only minor tweaks? That just doesn't sound right and i think it will be the start of a disappointing end for the iphone I love so much.Hope someone will knock some sense into them before it's to late otherwise with deep sorrow I will look for greener pastures!
  • Dabarber
    Dabarber Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Finnally a post I like !!!!! Good job
  • Jay
    Jay Posts: 295
    via Wordpress
    Options
    bigger screen would be nice, 4g LTE as well but im still happy with my iphone 4 as im always 1 behind... but this time im going to skip the 4s cause basically its an iphone 4 with a helper! Dont get me wrong siri is great, So whatever the 5 has to offer im in!! im sure its going to be an upgrade for all!!
  • Dipen
    Dipen Posts: 19
    via Wordpress
    Options
    This is rubbish as I know for a fact it's been designed and is in production. It is ridiculous if n e one believes that it's not designed given its out in October
  • João
    João Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Buy a tablet. Dont mess whit my iPhone.
  • Jays_on
    Jays_on Posts: 63
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Stupidest comment ever. You can make a 4"-4.5" screen without compromising phone size. Get rid of the ridiculous waste of space on the top and bottom of the screen.