AT&T Will Offer an Official Tethering Option for the iPhone Soon

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageAT&T Will Offer an Official Tethering Option for the iPhone Soon

One of the features missing from the iPhone's rich feature list is the ability to tether the iPhone to feed a data connection to your computer to surf the internet. AT&T Mobility CEO Ralph De La Vega in an interview with Michael Arrington of TechCrunch has just confirmed that AT&T...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Poi
    Poi Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

What? I already have PdaNet and it works so well I would not pay anymore monthly charges to do this

• AnalogJunkie.com
    AnalogJunkie.com Posts: 10
    via Wordpress

$30 a month? When we're already paying for unlimited data, and they just upped the monthly fees for the 3G anyway?

Lame.

• Wicki Wicki
    Wicki Wicki Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

That's BS!!!! I have a blackberry and an iphone and all I did was find the tethering software for my bb and I was up and tethering. I already pay forty something for bbconnect, and 30 for iphone data!! Very dissapointed in the T

• ADR
    ADR Posts: 10
    via Wordpress

F that! AT&T is an ffing ****, we're paying too much for the services as is, if it wasn't for the $175 cancellation contract fee, i would dump 'em a long time ago.

• Bastian
    Bastian Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

No thanks... PDAnet works great for me.

• bastian gatten
    bastian gatten Posts: 43
    via Wordpress

how about they give us... umm... MMS!!!! Like everyone else wants for their Iphone!

• se23
    se23 Posts: 19
    via Wordpress

Although I live in uk this sounds like a joke. We pay too much as it is. Even if o2 offered this I would not bother as I barely get good 3g service on my iphone anyway. All rip-offs, im thinking of getting my wife to call o2 and tell them ive been sent to jail for a violent offence to get out of disconnection charges loooooooool

• genx
    genx Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

My work provides me with verizon blackberry. It costs my company $77.00 a month with unlimited data, and tethering can be had for $15.00 extra a month. So AT&T wants $30 a month for 3G tethering that has much less coverage area than Verizon?! F*CK THAT!!

• vapd
    vapd Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I can't understand how ATT would charge an extra $30. I can hardly access the internet from my house so I would have no use for tethering. They should focus on upgrating the FU network that we are already over charged for. I love my phone but apple needs to drop ATT.

• dave
    dave Posts: 389
    via Wordpress

My work provides me with verizon blackberry. It costs my company $77.00 a month with unlimited data, and tethering can be had for $15.00 extra a month. So AT&T wants $30 a month for 3G tethering that has much less coverage area than Verizon?! F*CK THAT!!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    So you think it's worth $92/mo w/tethering on a business plan for your verizon 3g coverage compared with $75/mo w/tethering on a business plan for at&t's 3g coverage (which is not far behind verizon's and is catching up very quickly). Call me crazy but $17/mo is quite a jump in cost considering the small margin of performance gain your getting from verizon (which by the way won't last more than a couple more months)

Also, where the heck are you that verizon supposedly has so much better coverage than at&t?