New Screenshots from Firmware 2.2 Confirm Over-The-Air Podcast Downloads Direct to the iPhone

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageNew Screenshots from Firmware 2.2 Confirm Over-The-Air Podcast Downloads Direct to the iPhone

We had reported last week that a screenshot of iPhone firmware 2.2 had revealed that iPhone users will have the ability to download podcasts directly on the iPhone in the latest firmware update. German blog Schimanke.com has published new screenshots from iPhone firmware 2.2 that confirm over-the-air podcast downloads direct...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Paul Rimsa
    Paul Rimsa Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

So, still nothing the users have been asking for.

• InSovietRussiaPhoneEyesYou
    via Wordpress

Horray! I can download podcasts on the phone now! That on top of the slightly modified Safari interface with make this the best firmware yet! Weeeeeeeeeeeee!

Seriously, it's just like that MadTV skit with the iRack. Why doesn't Jobs come out and say to the iPhone users "I know what you're asking for, and the answer is NO." Come on. It can't possibly be THAT hard to put Push and Copy/Paste into the damn thing.

The only thing that's slightly useful about this update is the new features in Google maps, but with Google Earth out now we pretty much already have those.

• Zed Sefi
    Zed Sefi Posts: 143
    via Wordpress

Most of the podcasts that I am watching are off course video casts which are more than 10 MB and that means I may not be able to download and watch them on 3G, how bad!

• brian
    brian Posts: 218
    via Wordpress

I hope they don't limit downloads to 10mb... that eliminates a big chunk of my podcasts!