Has iOS 5.1.1 Improved Your iPhone's Battery Life?

Comments

• genXhippie
    genXhippie Posts: 95
    via Wordpress
    The battery performance on my jailbroken iP4S has always sucked, from day one. In comparison to my former iP4. :/
  • Francis
    Francis Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    So if 5.1.1 improved in battery life, would I upgrade from original 5.1 to 5.1.1 in my 4s? Will pod2g release JB 5.1 or 5.1.1?
  • podg3
    podg3 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
  • Jrmedic19
    Jrmedic19 Posts: 31
    via Wordpress
    To might want to try a full restore and set up as new phone. That doesn't make sense. In airplane mode and while in stand-by it should last a long time. Just my 2 cents.
  • Kevin
    Kevin Posts: 154
    via Wordpress
    I can't feel anything different compared to the last update. Maybe because my battery sucks already
  • Joe
    Joe Posts: 450
    via Wordpress
    I faced extreme decrease of battery life on 3gs. iOS 5.1 was quite OK. I recharge my iPhone every morning. With 5.1 and hardly usage more than 50% of charge remained day by day. Since I installed 5.1.1 (via iTunes) I have to recharge daytime (besides morning chargings), otherwise it would be completely discharged by mornings.
  • Giverespect
    Giverespect Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I have noticed that the battery life is a lot less since the recent update and my habits of use of the iPhone are the same. I have to now charge twice a day.
  • Ralph Rittle
    Ralph Rittle Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Ok Just Updated My Iphone 4s And my Ipad 2 and what an amazing change on my 4S 6 hrs later and still at 93% before i used to be down to 76% So yes it has improved for me lost the Jailbreak for a bit and its amazing how i feel my Iphone has become so useless but worth it in the long run since there should be a Jailbreak within a week :) So just gotta stay strong lol.
  • Maddy
    Maddy Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    Real drop in standby time on my 3gs overnight idle loss is 40% ,it used to be 10 to 15% on 5.0.1..
  • Darren
    Darren Posts: 43
    via Wordpress
    If you have to ask then you should not be upgrading.just read the site it is pretty clear that you can not currently jailbreak the 4s 5.1 yet alone 5.11
  • Tracy
    Tracy Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    My battery life has substantially decreased since the new update on my iphone. I unplug it in the morning at 100%. After sitting down with a cup of coffee and checking the weather and a couple of emails I'm down to 83%. By mid day I'm at 33%. Normally by the time I am ready for bed at 11pm at night my phone is down as low as 33, not mid day. I don't know what they changed but it needs to get fixed fast. I have checked all my apps to make sure there isn't something hidden running in the background draining it but nothing has changed except for the update. Frustrating.
  • Francis
    Francis Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    Before was using 5.1 and tested 100% charged of 6 hours standby time only dropped to 98% without any usage. Now i updated my 4s to 5.1.1 and tested and recalibrate to 100% and still the same result as 5.1 from 6 hours standby time. My opinion of 5.1.1 compared to 5.1 is still the same. =D
  • Disappointed Mark
    via Wordpress
    Man, Apple is becoming LAME. No reason I should have to jump through hoops to restore battery performance to level of a previous upgrade "fix" which 'corrected' battery performance issues from a previous upgrade. Very disappointed (every iPhone) buyer, who's just about feed up.
  • Erwin
    Erwin Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    I have iPhone4 which according to me it has poor battery life comparing with my friend's iPhone4. We compare the usage for both iPhone4. Here is the comparison:His Usage: about 3-4 hoursMy Usage: about 1 hourHis Standby time: about 1 day 11 hoursMy Standby time: about 6-7 hoursHis talktime: around 6 hoursMy talktime: around 5 hoursBattery left for both.................... 81%!!!!!!!!!!! We have the same battery level! He even use the bluetooth handsfree on it!I turned off whatever it is not necessary such as autosend, auto search timezone, location services while he did nothing on it.I did not turn on the Data Service and also 3G.Please explain what is going on?? He is using 5.1 and I'm using 5.1 either!! Why there are so much difference on both different iPhone with same OS???? Really Really disappointed! I started to feel like it is a waste for me to buy iPhone... I should have chosen Galaxy note instead!
  • liz
    liz Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    I first tried downloading and installing iOS 5.1.1 through iTunes, however my battery life remained the same. After downloading the .ipsw and restoring to factory settings, my battery life has significantly improved. Before, 30% of my battery life would be siphened away just from watching a single YouTube video (through Safari, not through the app. The app doesn't work on my college's network connection.), but now (after completely draining, recharging, and pulling off the charger about 5 hours ago) my battery still looks like it's at about 85% percent. Significant improvement to say the least.
  • Parish
    Parish Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    you can currently jailbreak 5.1 using Redsn0w's tethered jailbreak. But, I would wait until next week for Pod2G's untethered jailbreak release for 5.1.1 that has been proven to work on your 4S. Happy jailbreaking!
  • LOVENICKIMINAJ!
    LOVENICKIMINAJ! Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    My battery life has improved sooo much, even when i hav jailbreak semi-tethered! Thanks to the apple company, im really grateful!! :D
  • Alen
    Alen Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    My batterylife just got worse after updating to 5.1.1 ... i do use it a lot, but it didn't drain this fast with 5.0.1 update .... i want to sell my iphone bcuz of this ... i have to bring my charger when ever i leave the house ... this annoys the heck out of me !!!
  • @ReiVersuri
    @ReiVersuri Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I don't have problems with my 4S 5.1.1, the battery works fine but I have problems with the 4S of my wife, the battery sucked very quickly.
  • Alan
    Alan Posts: 46
    via Wordpress
    I have a iPhone 4s. Everything was fine with my phone while running on iOS 5.0.Then I updated to 5.1.1. My battery life has gone way down and my phone slowed up some.If I had it to do over, I WOULD NOT upgrade to 5.1.1!!! Could it be that Apple wants everyone's 4s to run slower and have a big battery drain so we will rush out to purchase the new iPhone 5 whatever, whenever it comes out?
  • aridni
    aridni Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    i got a 4s 5.1 jailbroken (verizon) iphone, should i upgrade it to 5.1.1 to be able to jailbreak it again with absinthe for an overseas carrier?
  • ik70702
    ik70702 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    same here..everything was great for me on 5.0 battery wise...updated to 5.0.1 (jb) and was ok for several months up until last week..was only getting around 3 hours max till battery died...sadly had to update to 5.1.1 cuz of this and now battery is amazing again...been off the charger for 2 hours and am still sitting pretty at 96%
  • marvl0us
    marvl0us Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    there are some resources in internet about how to remove launch daemon for which it may help reduce idevice in using battery power, also there is a tweak for removng useless daemons via cydia.
  • Pooch
    Pooch Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Definitely better battery life after 5.1.1 upgrade on my 4s. Totally worth the wait for the new JB. Did a full restore through iTunes. Really seemed to do the trick.
  • szabby
    szabby Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Since updating to 5.1.1 from 5.0.1 (via itunes, then restored from backup) my battery has decreased noticeably.I have tried the reset settings method suggested on many sites, once that didnt show improvement I even restored again, but am still experiencing poor battery life.I really wish I never updated, as the only benefit I saw was increased battery life. but the total opposite happened.
  • tommy
    tommy Posts: 28
    via Wordpress
    Update was a definite improvement. Night and day in my experience. Phone now easily lasts a day and more on moderate use.
  • Curtis
    Curtis Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    I updated last night and it seems like my phone is draining battery power like crazy. I have the 4, not 4S. I went from 100% this morning to 6% now, it never gets that low during my work day.
  • bad
    bad Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    I didn't had any problem with 5.0.1. I always thought the battery could be better, but it wasn't an issue either. With my normal use the phones battery lasted 1.5 - 2 days. Now I updated to 5.1.1 and the battery doesn't even last 1 day. Really disappointed. I have a 4s.
  • bad
    bad Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    Same here. Really noticeable change. :(