Verizon Clarifies Stance on Grandfathered Unlimited Data Plans

System
System Posts: 446
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageVerizon Clarifies Stance on Grandfathered Unlimited Data Plans

Yesterday, we reported that Verizon is planning to end grandfathered unlimited data plans when customers switch to 4G LTE smartphones.

Verizon issued a clarification to the New York Times today regarding the changes noting that the loss of the grandfathered unlimited data plans will be limited to customers upgrading to subsidized handsets.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Que
    Que Posts: 48
    via Wordpress
    Well, I guess EBay will be my best friend when iPhone 5 comes out. I would rather pay $500-$600 on Ebay and keep my unlimited, than to pay $300-$400 for a contract and lose my grandfathered unlimited plan.
  • Kaz
    Kaz Posts: 22
    via Wordpress
    Assuming AT&T is going to follow the same trend.. I will have my iPhone 4S factory unlocked when my contact runs out.. Sell that factory unlocked iPhone 4S on eBay for probably around $500 (hopefully) and go buy a factory unlocked next gen. iPhone and keep my unlimited data plan :)
  • Luis
    Luis Posts: 67
    via Wordpress
  • Its Bubba
    Its Bubba Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    Verizon is in Breach of Contract...They changed the Conditions with Conditions to Keep the Grandfather Plan...If we Terminated Our Contract prior to the expiration Date...We pay the price for early Termination...Verizon, you can make your Own Rules/Change as you go...My Rule...I'm going to change too...Its will over time Effective your Pocketbook with less Revenue...and just maybe with Less Revenue...Maybe you'll be Aquired by another Carrier in Time...REMEMBER...You were once the size of Sprint...Our Consumers made Verizon who they are today...Change is Good...but not for Verizon
  • Mike B
    Mike B Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    THE HELL WITH VERIZON. IF THEY FORCE ME TO A TIERED PLAN I'LL GO TO SPRINT. SPRINT PROMISES TO KEEP UNLIMITED DATA. VERIZON WILL LOSE CUSTOMERS FASTER THAN NETFLIX. VERIZON AND AT&T WILL SEE THEIR CUSTOMERS FLOCK TO SPRINT.