iPhone Dev Team Releases Pwnage Tool 2.2.1 which Fixes Bug related to "Simple Mode"

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageiPhone Dev Team Releases Pwnage Tool 2.2.1 which Fixes Bug related to "Simple Mode"

The iPhone Dev Team had released PwnageTool 2.2, QuickPwn 2.2 for Mac & QuickPwn 2.2 for Windows yesterday for iPhone Firmware 2.2 that was released by Apple on Thursday night. However, there was a minor bug where iPhone users had problems using the "Simple Mode" in PwnageTool and as a...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Jose Ribas
    Jose Ribas Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

No problem bro, my google street view is not working , could be a bug too?

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

Hey Jose,

Google Street View only works in areas with Street View. If you can't get Street View on your computer, it won't work on iPhone either.

Thanks again for the tip.

cheers!

• Nazi
    Nazi Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

2.2.1 for windows?

• guest321
    guest321 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

just googled and got this, it says iPhone 3G 2.2 5G77 Custom Restore ipsw
    http://www.demonoid.com/files/details/1700099/6976998/
    i wonder if it helps?

• Zed Sefi
    Zed Sefi Posts: 143
    via Wordpress

I can't trust the previous download link, who said the baseband has been disabled (even if it say so). We need to download it from trusted source and this is a problem as I can trust no place except this website.

• mike
    mike Posts: 489
    via Wordpress

I downloaded a file of the same name at the piratebay. The baseband isnt upgraded, its still 2.11.07. Unfortunately the boot screen isnt the default apple and that ipsw has both cydia and installer. I like the default boot logo and i usually only install cydia and dont bother installing installer so im hoping they post another one lol. I have att.

• Zed Sefi
    via Wordpress

@mike

There is a program available in Cydia which can change the boot screen logo to the one that you desire, so you can search for the apple boot screen logo image on google and once you get it you can use it with this program. Sorry I don't remember the name of the program but try searching for 'boot' or 'logo' in Cydia and hopefully you will find it if you got all the major sources installed already. Cheers.

• Andy
    Andy Posts: 1,127
    via Wordpress

can anyone help me , i upgrade 2.2 iphone 3g , then my iphone no service at all , and i using the unlock sim 3g , before 2.1 no problem , after i upgrade 2.2 , no service at all , even i downgrade 2.1 , the problem also same .

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

@andy,

Based on your observation and other reader comments it appears that Apple has broken the hardware method to unlock iPhone 3G with Firmware 2.2.

Reader, yankii, has summarized the situation here:
    http://www.iphonehacks.com/2008/11/hardware-unlock.html#comment-140308134

• Zed Sefi
    via Wordpress

I am so tired from this, I tried EVERYTHING possible to upgrade to a custom firmware 2.2 for my iPhone 3G but it is IMPOSSIBLE on iTunes 8.0.2 in my situation. I am receiving errors 6000, 6001 & 6002 with three custom firmwares (Preserved baseband) that I downloaded from the web, and when I try the same on custom firmware 2.1 it fails too, but it only works if I use official 2.1 firmware (and for sure 2.2 if I want to lose my chances of a smooth unlocking in future) and it looks like my iTunes is the one to blame. I removed it completely, restarted the PC & installed it again, still the same damn thing, I even tried cheating on iTunes by replacing the official ipsw with a custom one of the exact same name, iTunes got fooled by thinking it is the latest firmware when hitting the restore button but that's all, process loops to infinity later and iPhone stucks with apple logo without a spinning wheel. Now I am really stuck, I have to either stay on firmware 2.1 to enjoy full features of the jailbreak + chances to unlock my iPhone in future, or I can upgrade to 2.2 using official ipsw but I will not have a jailbreak until a quickpwn software becomes available for windows and of course I will lose my unlocking chances.
    Anyone can help me regarding this? I am nearly going to smash my iPhone and kill myself!

• Dinzing
    Dinzing Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

hello all i have a few questions im hoping someone can respond to for me

I have the iphone 3g 2.1 and am trying to find the files and tools to unlock or jailbreak on Windows ( wishing i had a mac now) can anyone link me to them

will the QuickPwn22.zip work to unlock or jailbreak my iphone and if so where do i find a reliable Preserved Baseband .ipsw file ?

• Underwater Mike
    Underwater Mike Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

I tried to jailbreak my 3G with 2.2 firmware, using the latest QuickPwn. Although the software said that the procedure had completed successfully, the phone got stuck rebooting at the logo screen. It would sit there for about 5 minutes, then reboot, get stuck again, etc. I had to go into recovery mode and restore the original software.

Any ideas? I followed the instructions to the letter.

• Tzafir
    Tzafir Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Hi,
    I upgraded iPhone 3G using iTune to 2.2, I'm using TSIM and my iPhone show "no service" all time at 2.1 i had no problem.

Can anyone help ?

• Shaheel Caunhye
    Shaheel Caunhye Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Iphone 3G is unlockable now with the new program called yellowsn0w made by the Dev Team. Simply go to the website http://blog.iphone-dev.org/
    and you will find everything you need there.

• Miguel
    Miguel Posts: 23
    via Wordpress

hey someone knows were can i get the 2.2.1 for windows????