Undocumented Features of iPhone Firmware 2.2

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageUndocumented Features of iPhone Firmware 2.2

Apple released the much awaited iPhone firmware 2.2 update on Thursday night which includes improvements such as such as Google Street View, Podcast over-the-air download and includes fix for the Safari crashes and the iPhone Safari exploit that was reported earlier in the week. However, there were some features that...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Rolando
    Rolando Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Great info. Thanks alot!

• AnalogJunkie.com
    AnalogJunkie.com Posts: 10
    via Wordpress

I'm not sure if this update was for 2.1 or 2.2, but I also noticed an update to the iPod function in the phone.

When you browse your library using the 'songs' menu it will now show the artist name, and album in smaller print under the song name. Before it only showed the song name.

This is a minimal, but pretty useful addition for me. I have several songs that have the same name, and now it's easier to browse through the whole library. : )

• yvette
    yvette Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

i have a question...when i revirginize my hacked iphone, can i upgrade it using itunes again?

• Com3
    Com3 Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Another amazing feature is background syncing! im actually uploading all my songs to my phone while its still syncing with iTunes, i dont know if this is a glitch or something, but its working! please test it out and let us know

• Xattica
    Xattica Posts: 16
    via Wordpress

On version 2.1, on settings/safari/database is mail.google.com (GmailMobileWeb). But on 2.2 is talkgadget.google.com (Google Talk Asset Cache).

• Craig Cudmore
    Craig Cudmore Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

When updating an app from the app store, it now updates the app in place on the page it was previously. On 2.1 it would re-add the app to the first open spot on the pages and then move it to the original location. Now it's all done in-place.

• Xattica
    Xattica Posts: 16
    via Wordpress

I updated via Itunes. The update is so weak that can't remove the numeric battery and the custome carrier name...

• hatter
    hatter Posts: 10
    via Wordpress

I noticed under setting - safari there is a toggle for plug-ins

• Boots
    Boots Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Passcode bug with the upgrade:

I have to use the passcode lock feature, enforced when using with our corporate mail (Exchange).

After 2.2, if you press Emergency Call by accident then go back to enter your passcode it comes back invalid. (I struggled for a loooong time with this - checking that I was typing it in correctly...)

Workaround - after one failed attempt, turn off the phone, turn it back on, and your passcode should now work properly

• Johnny Q
    Johnny Q Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Also Under Settings | Safari | Theres a new Setting called Databases that says Gmail Mobile Web