IBM Bans Siri at Work Due to Privacy Concerns

Options
System
System Posts: 446
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageIBM Bans Siri at Work Due to Privacy Concerns

This is quite bizarre. Wired reports that IBM has banned Siri at work due to privacy concerns.

If you have bought Apple's new iPhone 4S then you probably know by now that Siri - iPhone 4S' intelligent personal assistant needs an active internet connection for it to work. That's because when you ask Siri to do something, the voice data is sent to Apple's data centers where your request is processed and the results are sent back to your iPhone 4S.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Que
    Que Posts: 48
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Interesting. Very interesting.
  • pontiac
    pontiac Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Options
    wh0 cares. do u care admin? noob
  • Que
    Que Posts: 48
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Apparently we will care one day. Microchips embedded at birth are coming soon :-)
  • Jesse
    Jesse Posts: 38
    via Wordpress
    Options
    If the past is any indication, I would think that IBM is looking to become a competitor in this market. Betting some acquisition in this space is coming soon.
  • Ryan
    Ryan Posts: 260
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Hey you don't need to be mean with the admin. I have to remind you that this is the U.S and in the U.S, people sometimes tend to worry about bull **** stuffs LMAO
  • Pat lutes
    Pat lutes Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    The info is there already, having a gun doesn't mean it is used to kill, jus saying'.
  • Ämil
    Ämil Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Jeanette Horan. Hahahaa!Horan means: The hooker in swedish
  • HumanCentiPad
    HumanCentiPad Posts: 43
    via Wordpress
    Options
    So a loaded gun in the hands of your employees sounds like a safe idea where you already have huge security concerns and responsibility? I think my company should follow suit.. We all think its a childish gimmick anyway, not to mention it doesn't even work and we already know it's stores everything it hears (or sees :-/)
  • ^_^
    ^_^ Posts: 4,429
    via Wordpress
    Options
    "We all think its a childish gimmick anyway"You speak for the world population? That makes you who?"not to mention it doesn’t even work"Have you tried it? Works fine fore me. Great for getting text messages while driving or sending them for that matter. Both illegal to do by hand in my state. By voice I get what I need. Reminders and appointments a lot quicker too. Press one button set a reminder... takes a couple seconds compared to maybe 15 or more typing the reminder."we already know it’s stores everything it hears (or sees :-/)"Seriously your trolling aren't you?..... Sees? really? Its not HAL9000 So again .. who are you?