Step-by-Step Guide to Downgrade from iPhone Firmware 2.2 to Firmware 2.1

Comments

• James odwen
    James odwen Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

same with other iphone 3g users here. Updated 2.2 firmware and downgrade back to 2.1 phone doesnt get any signals. i am using iphone 3g from rogers was using gevey before. Any help would be appreciate... Right now my phone is useless in HK .. i m sad

• accountancy
    accountancy Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

Any possible of Proxy Sims in the future for OS 2.2? I bought an iphone with the new OS 2.2 and I can't use it for Tmobile. I am willing to wait for a while. Thanks

• Richard
    Richard Posts: 141
    via Wordpress

hello guys,i have questions,i accidentally upgraded my iphone 3g with 2.2 in i tunes and lost all what i did in jailbreak,i just jailbreak again my i phone with quickpwn 2.2, how come i cant see all my applications that i got from itunes?,before i accidentally upgraded my iphone i made a folder from the categories named GAMES,i put all my other applicatios here and i lost it even my notes on my iphone was lost too....please help

• Aymeric
    Aymeric Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Hi,
    I follow all the steps for the downgrade, but actually, when I'm holding the Shift button, while pressing the restore button, I'm not able to choose my downloaded 2.1 FW. Can someone help me please, would be very kind!
    Thanks

• Zubair
    Zubair Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Which version of itunes should i use..

Bcoz I tried it and getting 1600 error again and again.

Can anybody can help me.

• poopi
    poopi Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

hi, after i downgrade 2.2 to 2.1, my iphone just stuck in recovery mode. I found many website told to hold power and home button for 15 second, release home button while continue holding power button for 2 second and it will restart again, but it's not work for me, the screen after downgrade shown only the itune icon and use cable, i think it still stuck in the recovery mode, no matter how i hole power and home button,please help me (T~T)

• dlight
    dlight Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

okay, i have nothing to say. same problem. 2.2. I NEED HELP !!!!

• grande
    grande Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Im having trouble to downgrade my iphone to 2.1

Is it smarter to wait for an software FIX for the NO SERVICE Issue or to try to downgrade and get it working somehow.

Thanks,
    grande

• MonkeyBrains333
    MonkeyBrains333 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Just use the link on the previous post

• Stocknood
    Stocknood Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

My result as bill:
    After restore to 2.1, Itunes alert error code = 1013.
    and my IP still in recovery mode at the end

Please help me

• Stocknood
    Stocknood Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Hi Bill,
    if you want ur IP to normal mode, you just retore (not shift+restore) from the itunes

• darkandshadow
    darkandshadow Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I managed to get my iPhone 3G rolled back to 2.1, and it works like a charm now.

I followed those steps, and like many, got that 1013 error.

It tooks 3 tries, and I also unhooked the USB for 20 seconds then plugged it back in, and iTunes actually deleted all of the firmware, so it was literally running nothing. So once you get to that point, close iTunes, as you don't need it anymore (and it'll only cause more headaches).

This is for those of you running with WinPWN 2.1:

I looked around for a while, and you can still find the firmware for it.

Go ahead and run WinPWN, let it recognize the firmware. Now, it may crash a couple times (as there was no firmware) and/or ask you to press and hold the home and power button for 15 seconds, then hold the power for 2 seconds to restart the phone. Go ahead and do so [restart as need be].

After you get the program to respond, and it recognizes the firmware, follow along with the instructions and [P]OWN back your phone. Good luck, I need sleep.

• myK
    myK Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
  • johndoc240
    johndoc240 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Hey everyone, I tried everything to downgrade 2.2 to 2.1 and nothing worked until I tried this. It is so simple but worked for me

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/2084105/downgrade_iphone_firmware_2_2_to_2_1

• Goldy mehra
    Goldy mehra Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

in all i am also haveing same problem ................. "No Service" no Nokia isBest way for Time Pass

• nach
    nach Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

hi!!

i got the same problem that above with muy iphone 3g but i dont undersanta very well how to downgrade the firm from 2.2 to 2.1 so the xslim works. i tried to do it creating a custom firm with pwnage but with no succes. could someone explain again for someone how does not know much of theas!!

thanks a lot people!!

• JoJo
    JoJo Posts: 11
    via Wordpress

I have a 3G iphone, officially unlocked by Apple which I bought in Australia but I use it here in the Philippines. When I first got the phone I didn't have any problems with it. Then I accidentally updated it to version 2.2 firmware. The phone is still okay and I am able to make and receive calls. However my problem is with SMS messages. I am able to send messages but receiving messages is a problem. Receiving SMS messages is erratic. Sometimes it comes in but it is hours late or sometimes never at all. I have reported this several times to my cellular provider SMART and they fix it and I am able to receive SMS again but after a few hours it acts up again and I am back to the problem not receiving SMS messages. Another thing I have observed is that my 3G internet access is gone. In the beginning I noticed that if I turn off the 3G feature, I am able to receive SMS messages but after a couple of complaints with my provider, now I am unable to receive SMS messages whether 3G is on or off. What a bummer! When I first got this iphone I was able to see a complete worldwide list of cellular network carriers in my Network settings, now with the 2.2 firmware I am only able to see Automatic and the 3 cellular carriers which are the ones in the Philippines. When I use the iphonebrowser application to "peek" into the network carriers folder of my iphone, I can see that the worldwide list is still there but I am perplexxed why I cannot see them in the Network settings.

I am really beginning to hate Apple why they make this phone so difficult regarding the settings. am desperate because I spent a lot for this phone and I want to get it back to working order the way it was before. If I had known this phone was to be a major headache then I wouldn't have bought this and settled for a new Xperia sony ericsoon or some other brand instead which is easier to configure as the settings are all available to the user.

Please help someone! S.O.S.!

• kkbk
    kkbk Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

i have no service after upgrading to 2.2 and now the turbo sim is not working anymore.the iphone has been reduced to itouch.i have done almost everything...including downgrading to 2.1 and i still can't get my fon to work.can anyone help now that the baseband has been changed by apple??dev team plss hurry with the unlocking.sad face

• david k
    david k Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

hi,

I have done the most stupid thing by upgrading to 2.2 my iphone 3g is now just an itouch!!!

i need hep!!!
    I tried downgrading but I get the 1013 message!

Does anyone know their way around it?

• mujeeb
    mujeeb Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Hi all ,
    im mujeeb from bahrain . i got one iphone 3g last month with a turbo sim .when i got my iphone was 2.0.1 version. then accidently i upgraded to 2.2 latest version . now i cant use my turbo sim with latest version. so i tried to unlock with quickpwn 2.2 version. after jailbreaking im not getting signal in my iphone . so i down graded my iphone to old version but still my modem firmware is 02.28.00 . i dont know what to do now . im totaly pissed up .could you please help anyone . many thanks in advance .

• Deb khan
    Deb khan Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
  • Nas
    Nas Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Hello everyone,
    Need help (16 GB iphone 2g) upgraded to 2.2 firmware but now i cant connect to the internet and neither can send sms, although i can receieve sms's. whats the solution? for the error sending sms i remember that i had it in 2.1 fw prior to my upgrade... but not for long! it actually started right before my upgrade, and i thought the upgrade will solve it.. any suggestions? thanks alot

• Mohammed Siddique
    via Wordpress

some how my stupidity I upgraded to 2.2 and now downgraded to 2.1 but modem firmware is 2.28 What does it means

• Shawn
    Shawn Posts: 39
    via Wordpress

@ David, anyone knows if this pwnage tool is available for windows? thanks Accidentally upgraded my phone to 2.2, now all i get is No Service, downgraded to 2.1 still the same. So I guess the problem lies with the baseband NOT firmware?

• Miguel
    Miguel Posts: 23
    via Wordpress

I have a locked iPhone 3G and I upgraded it to 2.2 Can I downgrade it to 2.1? Thanks in advance

• jun
    jun Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

omg. YOU GUYS ARE LIFE SAVERS. thank god you don't work for steve jobs, haha! Thanks a million!

• Ramy Nabil
    Ramy Nabil Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

U R wonderful ....Thanx alot 4 Dev Team Effort!!!!!!!!!!!!

• John
    John Posts: 790
    via Wordpress

i have the same problem after i down grade to 2.2 firmware. i have to either re upgrade to 2.2.1 or leave it @ the 2.2 firmware and use my t-mobile along with the smart sim.

• lou
    lou Posts: 35
    via Wordpress

i have the same problem as shawn. proxy sim, NO SERVICE since my ignorant update to 2.2. i now own a 16g itouch instead of a 3g iphone. its been 2 months...

answer to shawn's question would be much appreciated: is it the baseband? is there anything we can do now?