iPhone Firmware 2.2: Problems and Workarounds to Fix them

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageiPhone Firmware 2.2: Problems and Workarounds to Fix them

Apple released iPhone firmware 2.2 last night which includes many improvements and also a lot of bug fixes. However, some users who have updated their iPhones with the latest iPhone firmware are reporting problems running some iPhone apps, internet connection issues etc. Problems with iPhone apps: Users are reporting issue...

Read the full story here

Comments

• dave
    dave Posts: 389
    via Wordpress

A few occasion the home buttom key was not able to function when iphone is in phone mode. This issue was rectified after iphone was restarted.

• Joe
    Joe Posts: 450
    via Wordpress

My battery life is about 50% of what it was with ver 2.1. I'm pretty upset with the situation. Really wish there was a way to downgrade.

• shane blyth
    shane blyth Posts: 25
    via Wordpress

i am glad i have not uodated there is nothing in there i wanted anyways.. alls i want is copy and paste a phone that doesnt slow down after 24 hours and requires a restart and things like the ability to forward a txt

• David
    David Posts: 225
    via Wordpress

iPhone not syncing with iTunes due to sim lock as above how to fix.

• Steve
    Steve Posts: 326
    via Wordpress

google street view were is it and how does it work I can't find it

• Chris
    Chris Posts: 736
    via Wordpress

I'm also not able to find street view as an option on my 3G Iphone.

• Ali
    Ali Posts: 86
    via Wordpress

Chris, you gotta drop a ping in your google maps and view that pin

• urherenow
    urherenow Posts: 24
    via Wordpress

Once.. maybe a typo... but twice?

Dude... until the issue is not resolved = until the issue is resolved.

• Mooseday
    Mooseday Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

The "SMS Preview" option has now reverted back to the 2.0 mode, where despite turning off the preview it still displays the phone number / contact of the sender even with the phone locked. This was fixed in 2.1 but now we have taken a step back again ... well done.

• Steve
    Steve Posts: 326
    via Wordpress

dropping a pin still does not give you street view unless your in the usa in the uk its there but not highlighted you cant use it

• Brandon
    Brandon Posts: 86
    via Wordpress

@Dave,

There is a way to downgrade, just download an older firmware and restore it to that firmware.

I haven't had any problems with 2.2 tho, i would also just like to say how much i love the new feature of pressing the home button while on any page to take you back to your first page of apps. its makes things much easier when you have many pages of apps.

• parker gaines
    parker gaines Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

all of my apps say there on the phone but i used the categories app from the jail broken app store and now whne i updated they say there there but i cannot get to them because all of the jail broken apps are gone like winter board and such i cant re download them from the app store because it says installed plz help

• Rob
    Rob Posts: 314
    via Wordpress

@ parker

I have categories installed currently, and the new version had a disclaimer stating to "be very careful", and to "remove all apps from folders and uninstall before updating."

I have had some problems with categories also like adding apps to folders and then it crashes and doesn't show up in the folder.

I'm not sure on how to get your apps back but you could try managing removing them directly off iTunes and then syncing your phone and then it may remove them.

Hope this helps

• DANIS
    DANIS Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

IN 2.2 I HAVE SOME ISSUES WITH LOSING THE 1 COUPLE OF LINES IN SMS, NOTES AND CONTACTS... (VERY ANNOYING)

PLUS SSH IS NOT AS STABLE ... ANYBODY KNOWS WHY?

• Shamus
    Shamus Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Wad is the account username and password for the iapps?

• Shamus
    Shamus Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Wad is the account username and password for the iapps?

• Jonatan
    Jonatan Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

I have issues with the SSH Connection, I've done everything and nothing works.. I/O connection failure..

In other hands at some point the Wifi stopped working, at the general tab looks connected to a network, but the edge logo did not change to wifi bars... and obviuosly did not work.... I did a restore to solve this.

• Chris
    Chris Posts: 736
    via Wordpress

With 2.2 my battery life has decreased from 1 day 12 hours between charges to about 9 hours between charges. My phone usage patterns have not changed. The phone is usually on standby (I don't play music through it, surf the web, etc. I do check email once in a while.)

• izzymunchkin
    izzymunchkin Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

this problem happend b4 updatin 2 2.2 but im connected 2 my home wifi and in the list of wifi's it says im connected but when i try 2 browse da internet it just says dat im not connected but when i updated it it said could not activate cellular data network etc etc..

o by the way da E is comin up where da bars r supposed 2 b,

THANX!!!

• Skylight
    Skylight Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

After upgrading to 2.2 via Pwnage Location Services and GPS does not work. Everything else seems to be fine. I keep getting an error message saying "Your Location Could Not Be Determined". No such problem when I ha s2.1 installed. Has anyone else experienced this?

• dave
    dave Posts: 389
    via Wordpress

I've got a good one:

All of my AppStore Apps crash immediately, yet none of my Installer/Cydia apps do.

They were working fine earlier today, and now they don't. The only thing I did on the phone was add some music. I removed all music from the iphone and rebooted, and all the appstore apps still crash.

Not too sure if anyone else is having this problem.

I'm going to try and restore to see if that will fix it.

• Looneyhouston
    Looneyhouston Posts: 22
    via Wordpress

If you have jailbroken your 2.2 iPhone 3g and are having trouble downloading anything from the appstore then all you have to do is enter cydia and download the source for steffwiz and there should be a patch for the 2.2 mobile installer. Download and reboot and wala problem solved!!!!

• Damian
    Damian Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

I have noticed battery life has halved since moving to 2.2 from 2.1 and I havent changed anything else! Apple reps must read these forums! Listen to the users! How hard can it be to make a phone that works properly with all their knowledge!

oh and my texts have started stopping sending even with full bars! f**** sake!

• Oscar
    Oscar Posts: 12
    via Wordpress

My iphone won't let me place calls! I touch the Green phone app, the keypad appears for 4-5 seconds, then back to my springboard! Is this because of the 2.2 update and/or Cydia and Installer?? Should I restore and unjailbreak?? Opinions will really help...

• Oscar
    Oscar Posts: 12
    via Wordpress

I found the solution to my own problem! It seems as though mobile enhancer was the app that prevented me from using the phone app. Mobile Enhancer is found from Installer, and if you had the same problem, try uninstalling mobile enhancer from Installer, then restart your iphone...

• zoides
    zoides Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

i just up-grade my jailbroken iphone 2g from 2.1.to 2.2,.. problem is, it cannot play all the song in my playlist,.it is like been set to play only one song and repeat it all over again,.need help,..

• Penny
    Penny Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

hi, i can´t update any app from app store, even doing the update in iTunes and syncing with the iPhone, it gives error.

And another important thing, the option to repeat the album or song, doesn´t work for me. Do the same happens with you?????? i really like and use that option to continually repeat the same album or music.

• Penny
    Penny Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

i think your problem is that you have the icom to repeat music active.
    Is the circular arrow on the left side of the menu of ipod control. click, and disable option to repeat

• earthmonkey
    earthmonkey Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I have the same symptoms as zoides (kind of). I have upgraded to 2.2 and jailbroke it and all is 99% well. The only thing is that I cannot install apps from the App Store directly onto the iphone. In my case, I have to sync with iTunes to get the App Store apps to install. Cydia and Installer work fine. Any thoughts

• Rome
    Rome Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

thank you oscar! it worked for me too; i freaked out