Dev Team Releases CLI Tool With iOS 5.1.1 Untethered Jailbreak Support

Options
System
System Posts: 446
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageDev Team Releases CLI Tool With iOS 5.1.1 Untethered Jailbreak Support

Dev team had also released the Redsn0w Command Line Interface (CLI) tool, which includes support for iOS 5.1.1 untethered jailbreak yesterday after pod 2G and the Chronic Dev team released the Absinthe 2.0 Jailbreak.

The CLI tool makes use of pod2g's Rocky Racoon iOS 5.1.1 untethered jailbreak used in Absinthe 2.0.x jailbreak.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Jebanec
    Jebanec Posts: 10
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Crashes as soon as it starts?!
  • icezenheim
    icezenheim Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    Options
    no working..... :(
  • Richard M. Mañalac
    via Wordpress
    Options
    yes, it doesn't work on windows 7. :(
  • nuttapong
    nuttapong Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I would constantly get "absinthe.exe has stopped working" while on "Sending initial jailbreak data. This may also take a while…" after my "Beginning jailbreak, this may take a while …" had taken quite a while.The key for getting the jailbreak to work for me appeared to be erasing all settings and data (make sure you have a backup, and I think you may have to go further than just a standard backup to make sure you keep your pictures and movies taken from the device) from the device and immediately jailbreaking it after. When I say immediately, you have to go through a step or two on the device, before absinthe will let you jailbreak. I think you have to specify the language, whether you will let it use your location, and your wireless network. Once you do that, the jailbreak should go through really fast, like many posters say, less than five minutes, and then you do your restore through itunes, and I was good to go. Hope this helps someone.Other stuff I also did (that, who knows, could play into it) as I was trying anything to get this to work:Turned off virus protection.Ran absinthe.exe as admin and in windows xp sp 3 compatibility mode.
  • nuttapong
    nuttapong Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Options
    i totally posted this on the wrong thread.
  • StevenLee
    StevenLee Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Will any alternatives fix what cydia did? Followed directions on JB with absinthe, worked like a charm. Ran cydia for the first time resprung lost all my apple apps,safari, mail, ect. Any advice for success?
  • Olliver
    Olliver Posts: 22
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I've used Sn0wbreeze 2.9.4 to upgrade, preserve baseband and unlock with Ultrasn0w and Ultrasn0w fix, worked fine on both 3GS and 4. This article says not to. Have I missed something? Activation did not work though but not needed in my case.
  • iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress
    Options
    It looks like you missed it.Absinthe is an easier tool to use if you're after jailbreaking, but as we've mentioned if you want to preserve the baseband then you should use Sn0wbreeze or GUI based Redsn0w (whenever it supports iOS 5.1.1 untethered jailbreak).
  • Olliver
    Olliver Posts: 22
    via Wordpress
    Options
    yes you're right, my bad, anyway all worked out very well and I'm greatful for all the hard work done!
  • AkomLFA
    AkomLFA Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Options
    i'm a 3GS user iOS 5.1. what should i do? i do the jailbreak at home by myself using the Redsn0w thing. thanks for the help.
  • AkomLFA
    AkomLFA Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Options
    to get my 3GS unthetered.
  • me
    me Posts: 220
    via Wordpress
    Options
    It is possible to jailbreak an iphone running OS 5.1.1 and unlocked by ATT, I m wondering if I would lose my unlocked future.Thanks