How Does Samsung's S Voice Stack Up Against Siri?

Options
System
System Posts: 446
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageHow Does Samsung's S Voice Stack Up Against Siri?

In the third iteration of its flagship smartphone, the Galaxy S, Samsung has used software along with hardware to differentiate itself from other Android manufacturers, and of course the iPhone. A part of the software suite bundled with the Galaxy S III, Samsung introduced S Voice, a voice assistant just like Siri.

Read the full story here

Comments

• JDB
    JDB Posts: 284
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Siri seemed more responsive, but S-voice did beat her a couple of times. The "timer" issues on both phones were kind of funny. I think I like Siri better, but I'd be willing to give S-voice a shot, seeing it in action now.
  • Austin
    Austin Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Apple sill always come on top with this stuff. Droid will always stink.
  • Buffy
    Buffy Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I second that comment. I have an iPad and Iphone 4s. My friend has a Samsung Tablet and Samsung phone. The only Droid I like is R2D2 ;)
  • BCSC
    BCSC Posts: 49
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Look at it this way. Siri has been out for nearly a year, while S-voice is still unreleased. While iOS is polished, it isn't and never will be as functional as android.
  • Hmmm?
    Hmmm? Posts: 59
    via Wordpress
    Options
    What exactly did Apple change or improve on the original Siri app? And is it going to remain in beta until iOS 6?
  • Rumour Mill
    Rumour Mill Posts: 14
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Ah Deltec thank you for your incisive comment.:-D
  • Atheist
    Atheist Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Agreed.I have a iPad 3 simply because I loved teh screen quality and wanted to try out iOS again but I find myself keep running into walls with functionality even when jailbroken.Android is just waaaaaaaay ahead of iOS in many respects.I'm not sure how long I will have my iPad 3, Its got some nice apps/games and display but its just too limited for me and lots of little things are irritating me about the OS in general and app features.
  • Tanoz
    Tanoz Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Whilest a very good and compatible video it's probably also good to note that he doesn't pronounce each word as the really should be. His English as in terms of phrasing is fine but when he says things like 'three' he prounces it's more like 'free'. Without the distinct 'th' sound I wouldn't be expecting either device to pickup what his saying exactly.
  • Que
    Que Posts: 48
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I agree too. I love the Iphone, but it won't take much to switch that to Android. Android feel more like a computer. It's easy access and control over most of the basic feature. I find myself taking extra steps on the Iphone to get the same results. I love both Android and IOS. Right now, I'm chilling with the 4s.
  • Bob
    Bob Posts: 183
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Better or worse, it's a cheap clone and if you're under 30 you're probably going to get teased for using Android to begin with.
  • Frank
    Frank Posts: 215
    via Wordpress
    Options
    They are both a gimmick and useless in most commands it will be a long time before voice commands will work as we wish they could after a few weeks most people stop playing with it I would say like most of the games we download and get bored with.... And android is ahead of us apple better wake up before they are left behind......I was gonna end my comment but for those who will bad mouth android keep in mind most of the app people are excited about on ios are ones android has had for a while and we still don't have a free gps program as android has unless ur jailbroke. Ok u can start jumping all over me how I'm wrong but maybe u should look into it Just sayin…........
  • jazz
    jazz Posts: 9
    via Wordpress
    Options
    It you want malware choice Android and give those pseudo Android "developers" all your personal data to play with... choice iOS stolen bad copy called Android, choice the "code free" pseudo operating system and make the malware delincuents grow.
  • ben
    ben Posts: 235
    via Wordpress
    Options
    your jocking samsung s voice is much better then apple. can apple sire take picture when u ask it to ? pluse samsung s voice you dont need to press any butten to ask it to do somthing. so stop beeing apple fan and tell the truth that samsung s voice is better
  • Sushant
    Sushant Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Dude ios is just 100 times faster than android!! Look at samsung galaxy tab and ipad you will notice the difference
  • Richie
    Richie Posts: 15
    via Wordpress
    Options
    What a CHEAP attempt by Android to COPY Siri LOL. What's next from Android?? Commercials of S-Voice mocking Siri and Apple that they should "wake up" and buy there products just like Android always does with their commercials lmao wack!! iPhone will always be better
  • Frank
    Frank Posts: 215
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Android again had voice commands first not apple so who copied who. And iOS can get malware just ask the people who got the Rick astley bug few years back. And why u should change the password for iPhones root system after u jailbrake Please STOP being apple fan boys and look around and see what is going on. No I have an iPhone never had android but I do educate myself I even go to AT&T store to kill time and check out what's going on. If Microsoft could get it OS together it could also be a problem for apple it's not such a bad interface. And Samsung has the fastest cell phone I believe but it don't matter because the carriers can't keep up with the speed of either or any of the fastest cell phones out there