TinyUmbrella Updated to Add Support For Revised iOS 5.1.1 (Build 9B208)

Options
System
System Posts: 446
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageTinyUmbrella Updated to Add Support For Revised iOS 5.1.1 (Build 9B208)

notcom a.k.a semaphore has released a new version of TinyUmbrella (5.11.01) to add support for the revised iOS 5.1.1 (9B208), that was quietly released for GSM iPhone 4 users yesterday.

TinyUmbrella allows you to take backups of SHSH blobs (ECID SHSH) that can be used to downgrade to older iOS versions even after Apple stops signing the iOS firmware file.

It can come in handy if you end up accidentally upgrading to the latest version of iOS.

Read the full story here

Comments

• hellwalker
    hellwalker Posts: 7
    via Wordpress
    Options
  • iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Updated with the download links!
  • iROCKu
    iROCKu Posts: 35
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Does anyone know why I get this message when I try to save my SHSH for 5.1.1? I'm sure the window is still opened for apple signing off this firmware....."05/27/2012 18:41:42.656 For version [iPhone4 5.1.1 (9B208)] - This device isn't eligible for the requested build. 05/27/2012 18:41:42.656 CYDIA DOES NOT HAVE YOUR SHSH FOR iPhone4 5.1.1 (9B208) THERE IS NO WAY FOR YOU TO GET THEM. SORRY. YOU ARE JUST TOO LATE."
  • lanky
    lanky Posts: 21
    via Wordpress
    Options
    iROCKu, You are requesting from Cydia. Thats is the reason why. Un-tick it from the Advanced tab. Also I suggest un-ticking "Set hosts to Cydia..."
  • iROCKu
    iROCKu Posts: 35
    via Wordpress
    Options
  • Almost there
    Almost there Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options
    if you don't plan to down grade and you'll just jailbreak whenever the next jailbreak comes out for the next software do you need to save them? i like jail breaking but I'm not gonna go and downgrade or wait for the next jail break to come out for software updates i just kinda go with the flow so is there any real necessary reason to save them?
  • Bob
    Bob Posts: 183
    via Wordpress
    Options
  • Bouchie
    Bouchie Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Anyone help? Just got a new windows laptop, had no java so installed latest version, tried to install tiny umbrella but it won't open, a message came up about reticulating something and spine, any ideas how to get tiny to work? Tried google search but seems people who experienced this had already had tiny installed previously but my laptop was new. I'm worried if something goes wrong I'll lose my jailbreak if I can't downgrade my 4s. Thanks!