Rocky Racoon 5.1.1 Untether Updated to Add Support For Revised iOS 5.1.1 (9B208)

System
System Posts: 446
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageRocky Racoon 5.1.1 Untether Updated to Add Support For Revised iOS 5.1.1 (9B208)

Chronic Dev team had released Rocky Racoon 5.1.1 Untether jailbreak on Cydia, which allows users who have a tethered jailbroken iOS device on iOS 5.1.1 to convert it into untethered jailbreak.

Chronic Dev team has released an update for Rocky Racoon 5.1.1 Untether (v1.0-2) to add support for the revised iOS 5.1.1 9B208 software update released by Apple for GSM iPhone 4 users few days back.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Ryan
    Ryan Posts: 260
    via Wordpress
    I jailbroke my iPhone 4S using Absinthe 2.0.1 yesterday, it worked well. And then today I got a "Rocky Racoon 5.1.1 Untether" update showed up in Cydia, what does it mean? Should I run that update or no?
  • iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress
    There is no harm in installing the update. But you can also skip it as it is meant for GSM iPhone 4 users who have installed the revised iOS 5.1.1.
  • eckon
    eckon Posts: 15
    via Wordpress
    I updated mine through Cydia but it gave me a slight problem. When I had my iPod touch 4g rebooted (through holding the power button), it rebooted but constantly went through a respring. I had it fixed by rebooting it through holding the power and home button simultaneously.. After it booted, it went back to normal..
  • ip4 craze
    ip4 craze Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Anybody havng issue wd sbsettings aftr untetherd jb wd absinthe? Swiping d status bar to d left or right wont drag down d sbsettings.. Pls giv some info on how to fis fix.. Tnx
  • pod2g
    pod2g Posts: 10
    via Wordpress
    This was very sucessful
  • Kokii
    Kokii Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Last night I jailbreaked my iPhone 4S (5.1.1) and my iPhone alway got HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden when i tried to install tweak in cydia :( Any suggestions please ?
  • Sweeeeet
    Sweeeeet Posts: 39
    via Wordpress
    servers over crowded atm or they have shut down the server for the min, try again though.. hapend to me couple o times
  • Franky
    Franky Posts: 12
    via Wordpress
    I have downloaded Absinthe 2.0.2 but can't innstall it om my iPhone 3GS.have tried several times but the installing stopped after 2-3 minutes.Why can't I install it?
  • Kokii
    Kokii Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    I try it many time but it's still not working :(
  • manu
    manu Posts: 25
    via Wordpress
    You can't say you just can't "install" it. How did you do it? Which ios? What was the error messages? Etc etc.
  • sgavienas
    sgavienas Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Hi,Installed jailbreak yesterday but having issues when ever I phone someone. It locks up and I need to restard. Anyone help?
  • Frank
    Frank Posts: 215
    via Wordpress
    I had to reset all setting going back to factory original then jailbreak to get it to work. Then when I used pkgbackup it didn't restore everything so now I am pretty much just starting over I can't even remember half the great tweaks I had till I try to use them and don't remember there names :/ to reinstall .......
  • Benji
    Benji Posts: 18
    via Wordpress
    Hi, installed rocky racoon on my 3GS (IOS 5.1.1, BB 6.15, new bootrom) but still need to "just boot" in redsn0w. even after rocky racoon update, same result. anyone solved this problem. thx for replying.
  • Doggz
    Doggz Posts: 21
    via Wordpress
    Had the same problem on iPhone 4, but worked ok on my iPad 2 first edition. I think i may do a clean install or count my loses and just roll with watever works. I managed to get everything to work on the iPad by retoring from iCloud and then jailbreaking after as the option is not there if you jailbreak right after a restore. Ts seems to not work the samon the iphone 4, buti only tried once.
  • ismi
    ismi Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    hey guys does i just upgraded my i phone 4 to 5.1.1 9b206 but i had no luck jailbroke the phone please help
  • Richy33
    Richy33 Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    I just updated my Iphone 3GS and boot untethered is now impossible... I also had to boot tethered using redsnow. I solved the pb by uninstalling Racky Racoon from cydia and install it straight away again.... Reboot was successful and untethered. good luck.
  • Grecco
    Grecco Posts: 14
    via Wordpress
    3GS is easy to get fixed, just buyy an iPhone 4 or 4s.
  • Cristian
    Cristian Posts: 11
    via Wordpress
    Hi Benji, sorry but my english is very poor. (I'm from Argentina)My situation is same your, finally works for you?(I installed rocky racoon on my 3GS (IOS 5.1.1, BB 6.15, new bootrom) but still need to “just boot” in redsn0w)Doesn't work for me! please help!Maybe Richy33 has old bootroom, I think so!
  • Doggz
    Doggz Posts: 21
    via Wordpress
    Update via iTunes, then when it's restored and your at the 'slide to open screen make sure you don't go any further before running Absinthe to jailbreak. After doing that you may restore your backed up setting from iTunes. iCloud will not restore anything as the option is taken away by the Absinthe jailbreak. Apps will need to be re-downloaded as they won't install automatically. On my iPad 2 1st gen I restored my iCloud backup before jailbreaking. It worked fine, but had a problem when I launched Cydia and ran Pkgbackup as it restored my previous setting which screwed everything up and lost my Cydia icon.Hope this helps bud.
  • Benji
    Benji Posts: 18
    via Wordpress
    hi, try uninstalling tweaks and games, results remain the same. uninstalling Rocky racoon and reinstalling it did not solve my problem. reboot several times, as propose in other forums, with negative results. so I did the something that I didn't want to do, "RESTORE" :( , then jailbroke it and installed rocky racoon. Works perfectly. Sorry, didn't find any other solutions.
  • Thanks
    Thanks Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Thanks, works perfectly!
  • Craig
    Craig Posts: 178
    via Wordpress
    Was wondering if this will work on an idevice sporting a 5.1 tethered jailbreak or only if it has the 5.1.1 tethered jailbreak.ThanksCraig
  • David
    David Posts: 225
    via Wordpress
    Over the weekend I came across the newly released Absinthe 2.0 jailbreak app for 5.1.1 and decided to give it try on my iPhone 4 and it was a breeze, Now I'm trying to convince my boss who has an iPhone 3 that was bought already unlocked and with a jailbreak ( but I'm not sure what app was used ) to install Rocky Racoon 5.1.1 Untethered because his is a tethered jailbreak to free his iPhone but the only thing I'm not sure about is will it leave the unlocked hack untouched ?Thanks for any help -
  • Cristian
    Cristian Posts: 11
    via Wordpress
    It works! Thnx!.. Sometimes is better restore, however we don't want it!
  • Goku_Agent
    Goku_Agent Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    yeah i did... i can't install many program after Rocky Racoon 5.1.1 unteher was install...
  • adanvdo
    adanvdo Posts: 2
    hi i just jailbroke my new iphone 4 using absinth 2 then updated with cydia but as my phone was a t-mobile i cant use my vodafone sim it says no service any help please