iPhone Vulnerability Discovered; Fix to be Released Tomorrow in iPhone Firmware 2.2?

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageiPhone Vulnerability Discovered; Fix to be Released Tomorrow in iPhone Firmware 2.2?

The staff of Fraunhofer Institute for Secure Information Technology (SIT) has discovered a vulnerability which can take control of your iPhone and make a (potentially expensive) phone call when you visit a malicious website on your iPhone's Safari browser. Apple had fixed a similar Safari security flaw last year, but...

Read the full story here

Comments

• jeffcali
    jeffcali Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Unbelievable that such a hole can me left open for so long. Who would be responsible for the bill if one was to have this unknowingly happen to them? I would certainly fight it since they seem to be taking their ssweet ass time to fix it. Then they put the stupid star rating for apps when you delete them...WTF is that about? What a worthless addative that is. How about some cut and paste functions or being able to email web addresses easily? One has to wonder if these software geeks actually use the iPhone that they ate doing the programming for. Even after all the shortfalls, I still love my iPhone.

• hypergo
    hypergo Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

Downloading and Installing 2.2 now... @ 11:00pm MT (Canada)

• Xattica
    Xattica Posts: 16
    via Wordpress

iPhone 2.2 Software Update

This update contains many bug fixes and improvements, including the following:
    • Enhancements to Maps

Google Street View
    public transit and walking directions
    display address of dropped pins
    share location via email
    • Enhancements to Mail

resolved isolated issues with scheduled fetching of email
    improved formatting of wide HTML email

• Improved stability and performance of Safari
    • Podcasts are now available for download in iTunes
    application (over Wi-Fi and cellular network)
    • Decrease in call set-up failures and call drops
    • Improved sound quality of visual voicemail messages
    • Pressing the Home button from any Home screen takes you to the first Home screen
    • Preference to turn on/off auto-correction in Keyboard Settings