Apple to Unveil Operation System For Television Set at WWDC?

System
System Posts: 446
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageApple to Unveil Operation System For Television Set at WWDC?

Ever since Steve Jobs biography revealed that he felt that he had finally cracked integrated Television sets, the chatter about Apple possibly releasing Televisions sets has got louder.

Those rumors may soon end as BGR claims that according to their trusted source, Apple will unveil the operating system for the television set as early as June 11th, during the WWDC 2012 keynote.

Read the full story here

Comments

• jussayin
    jussayin Posts: 35
    via Wordpress
    the upcoming “iTV.” well thats what it defo won't be called, and unveil something early, not really apple's style gives everyone else a chance to counter what they will offer
  • fscjcg
    fscjcg Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    To elaborate, ITV is a major UK broadcaster, and has been using the trademark for half a century. It's no more likely to sell (and Apple's no more likely to win in court) than iMax, or iBM.Will Apple call it iTV outside Britain? Probably not. ITV has an international wing like the BBC does, and is just as likely to litigate.
  • s0ulo
    s0ulo Posts: 34
    via Wordpress
  • Jeff
    Jeff Posts: 126
    via Wordpress
    All Apple has to do is pay off the courts and politicians, like they probably been doing, an they can name it whatever they want
  • Frank
    Frank Posts: 215
    via Wordpress
    I can't wait soon apple will run the planet then nothing can stop them….......
  • Apple employee
    Apple employee Posts: 33
    via Wordpress
    Give me an AGive me an PGive me an PGive me an LGive me an EWhat's that spellGOD SOON I WON'T EVER HAVE TO DO ANYTHING CAUSE DADDY APPLE WILL TELL US ALL WHAT WE CAN AND CAN'T DO. YEAAAAAAAAA
  • sgnehd
    sgnehd Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Rubbish.The combined companies that own the ITV trademark have an annual revenue of $3-6 billion. That's ten percent of Apple's. This is not a company that can be crushed like a bug.Radio Shack famously lost to a cornershop in the UK called 'The Radio Shack', which is why all Radio Shacks in the UK are called 'Maplin'"ITV" is a global trademark, and ITV has the resources to defend it from Apple. Trademarks are won by the company that is right, or lost by the one that runs out of money. ITV won't run out of money, so Apple can't win.Fortunately, Apple isn't run by complete retards, so this is a fight that will never come about. There is no way whatsoever Apple would use a name that risky, when it could just invent an unencumbered one.Let's not forget that Apple doesn't call everything an iSomething. There's no iAppstore, the 4S doesn't have iVoice, and IOS 4 didn't introduce iSee.
  • Louis
    Louis Posts: 180
    via Wordpress
    Can you say "ITV Jailbreak?