Google to Hold 3D Maps Event Ahead Of WWDC

System
System Posts: 446
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageGoogle to Hold 3D Maps Event Ahead Of WWDC

Apple is widely speculated to unveil an all-new Maps app with an incredible 3D-mode at the WWDC 2012 Keynote on June 11th, which will replace the current Maps app that makes use of mapping data from Google.

So it was interesting to find out that Google has sent out invitations for a 3D Maps event on June 6th to give a behind-the-scenes look at the upcoming features in Google Maps. 

Google has provided the following information in the invite:

Read the full story here

Comments

• JC
    JC Posts: 55
    via Wordpress
    I'd love to have the Android Google navigation on my iPhone. iPhone maps are a damn tragedy. SUCH a horrible app.
  • Que
    Que Posts: 48
    via Wordpress
    Yes, Iphone users. If you never had an Android phone or used their turn by turn navigation, then you will be in for a treat if Google release it for IOS. Probably the biggest feature I miss when I switch to the iphone.
  • Mark
    Mark Posts: 267
    via Wordpress
    After having Sprint Navigation (not the greatest, but hey- it was free) and then getting the iPhone (which Apple forbids carriers to customize with apps like Sprint Navigation), I discovered a great and free alternative:WazeIt's a community-based turn-by-turn spoken GPS navigation app with the added benefit of realtime traffic data and community reporting (accidents, vehicle on side of road, police, etc.) It's certainly not a flawless app- but it's darn good and, in my opinion, better than many of the pay apps!
  • Hmmm?
    Hmmm? Posts: 59
    via Wordpress
    It might happen if Google Maps is no longer built into the operating system. Isn't that the reason they dont already offer their Android version since they can't update it constantly and whenever they'd like instead of waiting for Apple?
  • Mark
    Mark Posts: 267
    via Wordpress
    TOM TOM v10 is pretty good be good to see what apple pulls out then decide from that
  • Titanss
    Titanss Posts: 31
    via Wordpress
    I use Map Quest 4 for my turn by turn iPhone app and it is Free.
  • Joe
    Joe Posts: 450
    via Wordpress
    google nav app is still the best intergrated app. just have to wait and see what apple will do with their new rumored nav system.