Apple Television: Analyst Believes 'If' Has Been Decided And Now The Question is 'When'

System
System Posts: 446
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageApple Television: Analyst Believes 'If' Has Been Decided And Now The Question is 'When'

Piper Jaffray analyst Gene Munster is fairly confident that Apple will unveil a Television set late this year, and put it on sale by the first half of 2013.

His increased confidence comes after analyzing information from component suppliers and listening to Tim Cook's comments at the D10 conference a few days ago.

In a research note to the firm's clients, Munster said that the Apple Television is now just a matter of 'when.' The 'if' has already been decided.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Hmmm?
    Hmmm? Posts: 59
    via Wordpress
    I still fail to see the point in an actual Apple TV. In the past year and a half they have sold a couple million (I believe its around 5-7 million) Apple TV boxes, which cost around $99-$120. How do they plan on selling even that amount on a TV which would at least cost 100 times more than the Apple TV box?
  • Jays_on
    Jays_on Posts: 63
    via Wordpress
    Shouldn't the title be "IT" has been decidedv not "IF"?
  • Tristan Marsh
    Tristan Marsh Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Are you suggesting it is going to cost $9,900 - $12,000 for an AppleTV-integrated-Apple-branded LCD TV? I don't think Apple RDF is strong enough to convince even themselves something that expensive would sell when consumers could just buy a $500 equivalent LCD and a $99 Apple TV
  • brian
    brian Posts: 218
    via Wordpress
    Damn Tristan, you beat me to that!