CleverPin: Jailbreak Tweak Makes iPhone's Passcode Protection Smarter

System
System Posts: 446
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageCleverPin: Jailbreak Tweak Makes iPhone's Passcode Protection Smarter

If you liked the idea behind AutoProtect - the jailbreak tweak that disables iPhone's passcode when connected to your home Wi-Fi network, then you should check out CleverPin.

CleverPin as the name suggests makes passcode protection smarter or less annoying.

Read the full story here

Comments

• CptBoeing
    CptBoeing Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    "CleverPin is available for free in Cydia for $1.99" Free or $1.99?
  • iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress
    Oops ... it's available for $1.99.
  • Jorge toro
    Jorge toro Posts: 11
    via Wordpress
    Excuse me, what advantages does it have disabling the pass code while being on a certain wifi network? What good does that do?
  • Sajid hussain
    Sajid hussain Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Its just for some lazy b******s who cannot be asked to type in a 4 digit pin, i mean how long does it take to out a 4 digit pin, 2 seconds maximum. Jeez some people need to get a life
  • Pandaa xo
    Pandaa xo Posts: 17
    via Wordpress
    Apparently they do have lives if we have to keep unlocking when we are textin people. If you had a little more friends that texted you, you also would find it annoying. But I'm guessing your the average white man iPhone user that checks his email and then puts the phone away for hours at a time, there's some of us on our day off want to relax at home so we don't need a password every 2 seconds . So excuse us for being "lazy bitches"
  • cjefbg
    cjefbg Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    The theory is you set it up to recognise the wifi in your house, because if you've put your phone down in your house, obviously a stranger can't pick it up, so it doesn't really need a pin.When I used to share an iPod dock, I'd have appreciated one that only pinlocks when charging within a set geofence, but I don't think my use-case is that common.Another obvious criterion that none of these apps pick up on is tge accelerometer: if the phone's moving, it's in my pocket. If it's in my pocket, it's under my control and doesn't need to lock.Same criticism as MyProfiles, really: instead of trying to imagine every conceivable use and provide a setting, why not embed a LUA interpreter and let us write our own rules?
  • Damien
    Damien Posts: 28
    via Wordpress
    Aggressive much? What's the point in things like sbsettings, if this is for lazy people? The whole point of jailbreaking is to customize your phone and make it work just like you want it to; might as well have said jailbreaking is for lazy people as well. Maybe you're the one in need of a life? and 2 seconds adds up over time, especially if you're a power user; hell I have no reason to defend this tweak......I don't use it, but your offense against it is questionable.
  • cjefbg
    cjefbg Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    4 digit pin is about as secure as a padlock on a crisp packet.If you want proper security that can't be untracably bypassed in less than thirty minutes, you need to use the full long alphanumeric passcode.And that is a pain to type in just to skip track, so only locking when necessary would be helpful.Personally, I've opted for no password at all, and not leaving my phone in stupid places, but each to his own.
  • Damien
    via Wordpress
    @cjefbg I agree wholeheartedly as I've done the same, and btw if you're jailbroken your pin is out there all you need is an app like iExplorer and ANYONE with the right knowledge can learn your pin; I've forgot mine and found it on device and recovered it.
  • trol
    trol Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    another battery drainer as it was with autoprotect?
  • Damien
    via Wordpress
    Just about anything you install that depends on mobilesubstrate will use battery, 99% of the time you can't get something for nothing.
  • Pablo
    Pablo Posts: 38
    via Wordpress
    Quick Question:Ok so living in NYC is risky when you have an iPhone. I was wondering if there is a jailbreak tweak that prevents a thief from putting your iPhone in DFU mode/Restore it. Also, is there one where the iPhone cannot be shut off from the lock screen? Thanks (iPhone 3GS )
  • Rob Kai
    Rob Kai Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Brilliant tweak! These tweaks are not about being lazy or not. It’s all about automation. If our phone can automate a process for us, why on earth wouldn’t we let it do it? Great idea.
  • jdfhhf
    jdfhhf Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    All that said, there is no way to prevent the device from being DFUed, because that would defeat the purpose of DFU mode.Sorry.Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you can even block the hardware-power-off (hold home and lock for 20s). But if you've set a passcode your data is safe, as the iPhone itself can't access your data without the passcode.Apple could put a stop to this, by not issuing SHSH for stolen iPhones (so entering DFU mode bricks them), and making find-my-iPhone unremovable. But they haven't.
  • shxfbds
    shxfbds Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    All that said, there is no way to prevent the device from being DFUed, because that would defeat the purpose of DFU mode.Sorry.Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you can even block the hardware-power-off (hold home and lock for 20s). But if you've set a passcode your data is safe, as the iPhone itself can't access your data without the passcode.Apple could put a stop to this, by not issuing SHSH for stolen iPhones (so entering DFU mode bricks them), and making find-my-iPhone unremovable. But they haven't.
  • drexx
    drexx Posts: 7
    via Wordpress
    Disable passcode while charging sounds very insecure. That means anyone with a battery pack can unlock your phone.
  • Frank
    Frank Posts: 215
    via Wordpress
    Find my phone can be taken off but it still tracks the phone. Have it on a phone here kids thought they would just delete it and not be tracked. I found out they did this so I went on and it still tracked the phone. No I don't track them all the time but once u have an iPhone stolen u want to track the phone at all times. Since there is no way to get insurance for these and apple AT&T ect will do nothing about the stolen property. Even lieing when they know someone is using it with a new number
  • Addy
    Addy Posts: 10
    via Wordpress
    This tweak somewhat like "APPLOCKER" in cydia.You can do most of the things through that. I like Applocker than anything else, it gives u very wide flexibility.
  • moe
    moe Posts: 158
    via Wordpress
    Depends on how it works. If it unlocks it just by connecting a charger, that's dumb. If you have to unlock it once and it stays unlocked hooked up to a charger, then that is awesome.
  • pontiac
    pontiac Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    the tweak is already there for MONTHS... period :S
  • sid
    sid Posts: 8
    via Wordpress
    This app also has the same problem. After using it for a day u found that all my emails are not showing properly.
  • GMan
    GMan Posts: 18
    via Wordpress
    Autoprotect is good enough. You start adding more things and it becomes more insecure
  • xhecruise
    xhecruise Posts: 2
    Hi. I have Jailbroken my iPhone 4 using Absinthe 2.0, I got it from www.redsn0w-download.com. I got 5.1.1 iOS and 4.12.01 baseband and it was successful even I accidentally unplugged the cord to my pc. Next thing that I want to try is unlock my phone, is it possible?