Analyst: Design, UI, Apps & Games Will Make Apple Television Revolutionary, Not Content

System
System Posts: 446
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageAnalyst: Design, UI, Apps & Games Will Make Apple Television Revolutionary, Not Content

A couple of days back we told you about how Piper Jaffray's Gene Munster, a long time Apple analyst, was confident that an Apple Television is now just a matter of "when" rather than "if."

Business Insider has the entire note from Munster in which he speculates that Apple's software offering with the television will make it revolutionary. 

Firstly, Munster believes that Apple won't just enter the television market and right away convince content providers to agree with Apple's terms:

Read the full story here

Comments

• Sajid hussain
    Sajid hussain Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    I thought apple devices were all about the content, it taken them 5 years to change the UI of the iphone, nd it made it this far with the apps available in the app store, if its not broken dont fix it
  • Grime
    Grime Posts: 216
    via Wordpress
    Here's an idea, how about using control pads. All the top selling console games use control pads primarily. Although games use motion controllers and touch pads, they lack precise control and are still somewhat gimmicky. I'm not a gamer, and I'm not saying that's how apple should market it. Its just another killer feature that could make a great selling point. I'm not really sure what makes a great smart tv experience. I own a Roku and what I like most is that I can subscribe for a messily $16 a month and get near unlimited content via Netflix for movies and Hula Plus for tv shows. Since I'm a casual tv watcher it works well for me and my wallet. With that same $16 dollars on Apple tv I could rent about 8 movies if I'm lucky. Rentals rightfully have their place, but Apple's favors them more because its more profitable. What I'd like to see is more subscription content and more content in general. Presently the Apple tv 3 isn't jailbroken and until it is its not a viable option. Its just to limited. Guess I'll have to wait and see what Apple television offers when it hits the shelves.
  • Joe
    Joe Posts: 450
    via Wordpress
    $1500 for a 42-inch TV? I would not even consider paying to lock myself in Apple's sandbox for 1/3 of that cost.
  • dankvwguy
    dankvwguy Posts: 16
    via Wordpress
    id be worried about buying an apple TV, regardless of content. it amazes me how much control apple likes to keep of a product that we all paid top dollar to own. i want to know i can do what i want with my TV. i feel like owning an apple TV will just result in me needing to buy EVERYTHING through them (cables and other hardware). I would not own my apple TV without a jailbreak so you wont see me buying an apple television anytime soon. And knowing apple they will come out with a new model one month after the first one so that every mac fanboy dumps $1500 on a tv only to blow another $1500 when the next model comes out. it happens every time apple releases a new product, even if the product isnt that much greater. i know plenty of people that sold their iphone 4s dirt cheap just so they could get a 4S. I understand it has siri but aside from that the phone isnt much greater. even siri works 70% of the time (i understand its a beta but damn apple, stop making it the selling point of your phone when it doesnt even work right. dont even get me started on these screens). i didnt pay for this phone to get to use it sometimes and i feel like an apple TV is just going to end up in the same boat....
  • dankvwguy
    dankvwguy Posts: 16
    via Wordpress
    exactly. i paid $1100 for my 46" and at the time it was one of the best you could buy. im not shelling out $1800 for a tv that will probably be less fun to use than my current smart tv. apple will probably end up charging an extra fee to use netflix on their tvs...