Google Mobile App with Voice Search Released

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageGoogle Mobile App with Voice Search Released

After some delay, the new version of Google Mobile App with Voice Search is finally available via iTunes even though the feature is strangely still not listed on its Application page. You can simply click on the "Get App" button on its application page (via this iTunes link). It will...

Read the full story here

Comments

• ALPINE
    ALPINE Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Doesn't work. Tried three different searches and didn't get any of them exactly right. It did recognize some words but if you can't find what your looking for then app is useless.

• shane blyth
    shane blyth Posts: 25
    via Wordpress

I am a Kiwi so have a New Zealand accent and i have tried sveral searches and it heard me perfectly and there was even a fair amount of wind noise outside so well done Google this seems to actually work!!

• Milenko
    Milenko Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Tried to update it without hooking to pc, did not show up as updatable. Uninstall/reinstall, during reinstall it prompted that I had already DL'd app and because of this it was free. Not sure what that was about but it works GREAT!!!! When held to ear it first gives u a pleasant beep this tells you that the screen has been locked and that the mic is now hot. At that time you are free to search for what your heart desires! After a brief uploading period it brings back a iphone tailored search results windows. As for the accuracy, it's not only highly accurate but very fast. My only gripe is that when adding the .com to your verbal request it doesn't auto direct you to the site. Instead it just shows you the search results. In conclusion this app is just another example of the iphone and the App store revolutionizing the cell phone industry. (hopefully gphoners won't have to wait much longer) Ill definitely be less hesitant to drive n Google!

• vlad
    vlad Posts: 21
    via Wordpress

i tried and its great , i used 5 times and it got it right 4 times so i guess its good.

• vlad
    vlad Posts: 21
    via Wordpress

Hey i forgot to tell you guys its amazingly fast, once you finish saying what you are looking for, you wait about 3 or 4 seconds. ITS QUITE FAST AND ACCURATE.

THIS IS ONLY THE BEGGINING PEOPLE, WHATS NEXT WILL BE EVEN BETTER.

• Greg
    Greg Posts: 106
    via Wordpress

Faster than using Safari. More accurate than typing. Revolutionary and amazing, all in one package. You have to speak for clearly and articulately for it to work, but if you do, it works like a charm! And if you're worried your word is too complex, spell it out - it will translate each letter individually.

• joel
    joel Posts: 26
    via Wordpress

This is seriously a killer application. Very accurate, fast, and beats typing (especially on the go!)

• se23
    se23 Posts: 19
    via Wordpress

Crap man, I have london accent and my mates laughed with the suggestions. I know it says north american accent, but this is S***e

• iPhone Man
    iPhone Man Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

Keeps Crashing....I removed the app and re-downloaded, but it still keeps on crashing. Is anyone else having the same issue???

• Morley
    Morley Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

Works great almost every time for a web search! I can't get it to access my contacts...

• Rob
    Rob Posts: 314
    via Wordpress

that guy's iPhone in the video is incredibly fast. Gotta be CG

• jeffcali
    jeffcali Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

this app kick ass. I've had no problems with it. Now if the rest of the apps worked this well, this phpne would be invincible.

• blix
    blix Posts: 8
    via Wordpress
    it's great! got many languages (czech, german, 4 types of english, spanish, french, italian, polish and few others).unlock your phone, launch app in 2 secs, 4 secs and u have google results! its muuuuuch faster than safari, looking 4 window to open, typing google, typing what u want to know. AWESOME!even though im not english-native speaker i got many results as i wanted them :)GREAT APP GOOGLE! :)