Apple Seeks Injunction to Ban Sales of Samsung Galaxy S III

Read the full story here

Comments

• Don Dilla
    Don Dilla Posts: 32
    Here we go again :>
  • maverick99
    maverick99 Posts: 22
    It's a never ending saga, but you can't blame Apple. How long can you tolerate competitors ripping off your products?
  • 4 wheels, an engine, a body, the list goes on. How many times have you heard of car manufacturers taking each other to court because "their one looks a bit like ours". Get a grip, move on, make sure your next product is what people want to buy, otherwise, get out of the game.
  • il Santi
    il Santi Posts: 40
    LOL Now we know that Apple isn't as good as they say. Patents... pfffff... Rights... Mppfffff. Apple copied so much stuff as Samsung, as Google, as Microsoft... grow up!
  • beretta
    beretta Posts: 4
    maverick99,
    If you analize technology used on iDevices, you'll find out that Apple didn't invent anything, it's all recycled from whatever was on the market already. Apple have made an amazing job at marketing the way they do and is making truck loads of money. Nothing present on the iPhone is Apple's original invention, iOS? Hmm, derivative of Mac OS or Apple OS (whichever way you want to call it) is just a hacked modern version of Xerox's idea, Apple was intelligent enough to realize what they had on their hands, do they deserve credit for it? Of course they do, but not the creators of what they use behind close doors on their labs before they start selling a new product, ........notification center anyone? Copy from Android.
    Having said that, yes, I own every iDevice on the market, a 13" Book Air, an 8 core Mac Pro and an iMac, why? I like their products a lot, specially the OS, so I'm not an Apple hater (to some, by my comments), is just reality.
  • boomish
    boomish Posts: 2
    That really is stretching the whole Apple - Zerox story way too long. Firstly IOS is not a derivative of xerox's idea!!! Unles you count it has a GUI interface, like every personal computer interface.
    Plus that is a myth they stole it, Xerox had inveted the GUI interface alongside hundreds of other products, but asked Steve Jobs to help them sell some of them, he saw the possibility of it and told them, he got their permission to use it and paid Xerox 1 million in Apple shares, as xerox had no idea what to do with it or how to market it. Windows however stole the whole thing and made no payment whatsoever to Xerox!
    OSX is a derivative from NEXt , Steve Jobs software company, and IOS is a cross platform product, but the hardware and software R&D is pure Apple!! That includes OS design! Android is a rip off from that and Samsung copied the hardware, even the bloody packaging! They are a cheap rip off South Korean company with no laurels. They don't care what or how they make stuff, they just want people's cash...Apple has spent years fine tunning their OS, and made very small profits, because they won't compromise their quality , now they come up with a hit idea people just want to rip them off or piss on them because they have been successful. Jeez give them a break...they really are who they say they are, and make what they say they make, for us!
  • beretta
    beretta Posts: 4
    boomish, I never said they stole it because it was not, Steve Jobs saw the possibility, they didn't so he used it, as I mentioned. Anyways, Apple products are fantastic and that's why I purchased them, for what they are, but one thing they are not, is groundbreaking technology as they sometimes claim. Yes, they spend tremendous amount of money on and fine tuning their os, that's why I like it:).
  • LOL Now we know that Apple isn't as good as they say. Patents... pfffff... Rights... Mppfffff. Apple copied so much stuff as Samsung, as Google, as Microsoft... grow up!
    LOL! Of course they all copied and stole each others ideas.

How is Apple anything but smart for at least TRYING to protect their patents. That IS, after all, the POINT of a patent.

• This petty patent trolling has got to stop
  • eeee
    eeee Posts: 1
    Apple must be desperate to resort to court to try to compete with Samsung. With the control freak SJ gone at Apple, they are in deep trouble. I can't hardly wait for the demise of greedy, tax evading jerks to go out of business.
  • Apple is at least a generation upgrade behind android. If google could figure out how to rein in all the products to update as apple does apple would be in serious trouble more then half the jailbreak tweaks that everyone is raving about are on android already. If there is not a serious update coming I will have to check other phones it's just the smart thing to do.
  • Propain111
    Propain111 Posts: 11
    Too much complaining and not enough innovating! Get with it apple and design new product that people can't live without and that the other companies would steal for! Reminds me of Willy Wonka and Mr Slugworth! Lol
  • Galaxy
    Galaxy Posts: 2
    Jailbreaking is a popular activity among skilled technology users and popular jailbreaking targets, because Apple restricts. Without jailbreaking their products its nothing compared to other product
  • Apple is at least a generation upgrade behind android. If google could figure out how to rein in all the products to update as apple does apple would be in serious trouble more then half the jailbreak tweaks that everyone is raving about are on android already. If there is not a serious update coming I will have to check other phones it's just the smart thing to do.
    Google dropped a bollock with Android from the very start, they didn't enforce a minimum hardware spec to manufacturers. Android may be ahead with getting feature rich updates out there, but half the phones cant handle it because they are pieces of crap, only the dual core min 1ghz phones can run ICS smoothly. Apple on the other hand write the software to fit the hardware and vice versa. If google had done it properly in the first place, they would be miles ahead, in both hardware and app development.
  • iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    Apple is at least a generation upgrade behind android. If google could figure out how to rein in all the products to update as apple does apple would be in serious trouble more then half the jailbreak tweaks that everyone is raving about are on android already. If there is not a serious update coming I will have to check other phones it's just the smart thing to do.
    Android is at least a generation ahead of iOS? You must be kidding. I hope you're aware that Android 4.0 is available only to 7% of the Android smartphone users.

• eckon
    eckon Posts: 15
    Apple is at least a generation upgrade behind android. If google could figure out how to rein in all the products to update as apple does apple would be in serious trouble more then half the jailbreak tweaks that everyone is raving about are on android already. If there is not a serious update coming I will have to check other phones it's just the smart thing to do.
    Android is at least a generation ahead of iOS? You must be kidding. I hope you're aware that Android 4.0 is available only to 7% of the Android smartphone users.

Still, the fact remains that iOS is not as fun to use as Android without jailbreaking. iOS 1 to iOS 5 has all been basically the same, nothing much to surprise or please users.
  • iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    @eckon there are certainly some nice things about Android ... but we would still prefer an unjailbroken iPhone over an Android smartphone. Android can't beat the overall experience that iPhone offers.