Annoyance with vibration alert while on call

Rounak
Rounak Posts: 269
edited June 2012 in iPhone Forum
For all of Apple's attention to detail and all, it's highly stupid that Apple doesn't disable the vibrator while I'm on a call.

I can't describe how annoying it is to feel the phone vibrate on the ear, more so when you don't expect this to happen at all.

I say it's stupid because Apple has the whole set up in place, they already use the proximity sensor to turn off the display, they why not add a few lines of code to solve this problem as well. (How did Apple not detect this during their testing?)

Any jailbreak tweak out there to take care of this?

Comments

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    Apple probably thinks that you may want to know when a new email has arrived (which could be important) while you're on a call.

Not aware of any jailbreak tweak to disable the default behavior.
  • Rounak
    Rounak Posts: 269
    Apple probably thinks that you may want to know when a new email has arrived (which could be important) while you're on a call.
    I don't think it's that, because waiting for a few minutes for any alert (not just email, even SMS) seems more reasonable that having your ear shaken up. If Apple wanted that they could have just kept the sound, and turned off vibration.
  • magarvo
    magarvo Posts: 1
    Do what other manufacturers do and play a subtle tone in your ear!

I swear to god apple has the least critical user base I have seen. I bet if this was another manufacturer everyone would be complaining how such an elementary feature isn't available.

Face the fact kids. Apple makes nice hardware. That's it.