iOS 6 Wish List

System
System Posts: 446
edited June 2012 in iPhoneHacks.com
imageiOS 6 Wish List

Apple will unveil its next generation iOS – iOS 6 at WorldWide Developer Conference 2012 on Monday. As we’re getting closer to the event, rumo...

Read the full story here

Comments

• entn
    entn Posts: 1
    1.3G Video call like Samsung (not like Facetime,not via internet connection)
    2.File sharing via bluetooth (not only between ios devices)
    3.Better Siri
    4.Radio -not via internet- (i don't know software update enough or not)
    5.Face down to silence
    6."Send report" for messages
    7.Customizable "Home Screen"
    8."Wifi settings" and "Cellular Data Settings" should be at same place in settings
    9. Virtual "Home" button in menus
    10.Virtual "Lock" button in menu
    11. Ability to quit(close) from all app just one click
  • these all sound good, i guess all we can do now is wait and see what Apple has actually added
  • Most of these have already been announced as of yesterday some rumor and some not....
  • beretta
    beretta Posts: 4
    1.3G Video call like Samsung (not like Facetime,not via internet connection)
    2.File sharing via bluetooth (not only between ios devices)
    3.Better Siri
    4.Radio -not via internet- (i don't know software update enough or not)
    5.Face down to silence
    6."Send report" for messages
    7.Customizable "Home Screen"
    8."Wifi settings" and "Cellular Data Settings" should be at same place in settings
    11. Ability to quit(close) from all app just one click
    Hmm, buy an Android if all this is important to you.

• maverick99
    maverick99 Posts: 22
    Won't complain if we get all those features in iOS 6
  • Yea I am hoping in the notifications center they would make the clear button bigger and put siri on other devices now that the 4s has been out for a while
  • Rob
    Rob Posts: 1
    Multi account support like OS X!!!
  • mkimid
    mkimid Posts: 8
    Shared document folder between the apps, such as edit and view the same file using the shared filder ~ unzip using Unarchive and edit doc using quickoffice and make PDF, modify using pDF appld, and send by email ...
  • Kiwiholden
    Kiwiholden Posts: 10
    edited June 2012
    We already can add words to the dictionary and predictive text came out in iOS 5 I use it a lot. I only have to write the start of my email and if I spell my swear works wrong it fixes them.

Half of these are bad ideas that I hope don't get added
  • Kiwiholden
    Kiwiholden Posts: 10

You can use assistive touch in accessibility settings to do this
  • BCSC
    BCSC Posts: 49
    Lets see # 1,2,3,5,6,7,8,9,10,12,13,15,16,17 and 18 come stock on Android. What it sounds like you want is for Apple to completely clone our OS. 83% of what you are asking for is built in. If you truly want freedom you'd better jump ship, because you all know that there is no way that Apple will let you do this. That would be too much like free will and the dictatorship that is Apple would never stand for it's users having freedom of choice.
  • Glitch King
    Glitch King Posts: 1
    edited June 2012
    Its quite simple really, its all possible already and it Now comes in one super easy step with absinthe 2.0.4 : it's called jailbreaking !! Of course, of your not happy with jailbreaking, I guesse you can always ditch your 900 $ iPhone 4S ( in my case ) for an android but my prediction is that you will very soon regret it as there google store is almost empty and all the other unpleasant things I wont argue about now ... Have fun wishing for these updates but you have to get real : half of them are against apple policies (exemple the one where apps communicate with each others... Apple is based on privacy so it will never happen) so they wont pass. And anyways, what are the chances that some apple guy comes to this website, reads this post and says : yeah, lets do all this right now and make the iPhone awesome ! Apple only does what they like, not what people want. Let's all get real and admit it, iOS 5 isn't perfect... but it's what we have and unless we want an Android ( god no... Plz), we will have to get used to it.
  • BCSC
    Waiting for an update is not a valid argument. After Apple releases an update iOS, users have to wait for Chronic dev to release a jailbreak, which has lately taken months. On Android you can flash a rom a week after the source has been released. Even Froyo had 75 percent of the features that seem to be most wanted out of iOS, and that was 3 systems ago. It really is only a matter of time until people get sick of being controlled and limited by a manufacturer. I owned iPhones, and frankly got sick of waiting and then having Apple issuing another update just to snatch away the jailbreak. Do you really think jailbreakers are gonna jump on iOS 6 when it will likely kill the functionality that Cydia has allowed them? You can keep using iOS, that's your problem, just try to find some solice in the fact that you paid 800 for a device that you cant control. Apple took your money and still decides what you cant do with it. Would you buy a car if the governor was set at 30/h and you were not allowed to go any faster in a 60 zone?
  • Good luck. Most of this is on android if google ever gets its head out of its ass iOS would be in trouble
  • BCSC
    And as far as your claim to an empty Play Store goes, I will quote directly from both.
    Apple App Store: "The App Store, There's an app for that. Over 500,000 actually"
    Google Play Store: "With over 450,000 apps, millions of songs and books, and thousands of movies, Google Play has something for everyone."
    Essentially with 440,000 garbage apps in the Play store, And 490,000 useless apps in the App store, you can find anything you need for Android or iOS. Apple had better step up on Monday, because they have a lot of catching up to do to have the STOCK (no need to jailbreak) functionality that we enjoy. Dont take me wrong, I'm not trying to slander Iphones, they are magnificent pieces of hardware. I'm just trying to point out to the users that the grasses are greener on the software side! Call it a PSA
  • :YAWN: at another Android fanboy troll.

If you love android so eff'n much, why don't you go troll AndroidHacks.com and let us Apple customers exist in peace.
  • BCSC
    edited June 2012
    You clearly missed the point. Androids do not need to be hacked because they are fully functional and user friendly. That is why there is no such site as Androidhacks.com. And if you have to mod your phone in order to make it what you want, you really aren't "in peace", are you?
  • beretta
    beretta Posts: 4
    You clearly missed the point. Androids do not need to be hacked because they are fully functional and user friendly. That is why there is no such site as Androidhacks.com. And if you have to mod your phone in order to make it what you want, you really aren't "in peace", are you?
    Well said BCSC!!

As I said before, I'm not an apple hater, I have both iPhone and One X, love them both for what they are. Just to point out, I don' need to jailbreak the One X, but prefer the iOS smooth UI.
  • Adilliosz
    Adilliosz Posts: 3
    I'd be glad with half of these improvements
  • Rounak
    Rounak Posts: 269
    To automatic apps updates, I'd add delta updates as well. It's a pain to download the whole frickin' app all over again just for a bunch of bug fixes
  • Rounak
    Also, the ability to communicate with different iOS devices. All this talk about post pc devices, and there's no system wide ability to transfer files and in many cases it forces you to fall back on iTunes. That's surely not a post pc device. It sucks. What sucks more is that I don't expect Apple to address this anytime soon, if they ever do in fact address it.
  • iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    @Rounak the point about delta app updates is a good one!
  • iPhoneHacks
    Yeah it would be nice if Apple brings AirDrop to iOS devices.
  • Personally, I like knowing for a fact that my phone will ALWAYS work, no matter what. It will ALWAYS do everything I need/want/expect it to, without fail. And I also know if I buy a new iOS phone, everything I've bought for my previous one will 100% function on my new one.
  • Rounak
    I'd also like Apple to "double down" on Ping :P
    Seriously though, it's pretty handy to post to Twitter what song I like right from within iTunes.
  • iPhoneHacks
    @Rounak yeah and also to Facebook
  • SMS delivery receipts, please. Every other mobile phone on the planet has it, but not Iphone. Embarassing if they don't put it into IOS 6 finally.
  • BCSC
    Its quite simple really, its all possible already and it Now comes in one super easy step with absinthe 2.0.4 : it's called jailbreaking !! Of course, of your not happy with jailbreaking, I guesse you can always ditch your 900 $ iPhone 4S ( in my case ) for an android but my prediction is that you will very soon regret it as there google store is almost empty and all the other unpleasant things I wont argue about now ... Have fun wishing for these updates but you have to get real : half of them are against apple policies (exemple the one where apps communicate with each others... Apple is based on privacy so it will never happen) so they wont pass. And anyways, what are the chances that some apple guy comes to this website, reads this post and says : yeah, lets do all this right now and make the iPhone awesome ! Apple only does what they like, not what people want. Let's all get real and admit it, iOS 5 isn't perfect... but it's what we have and unless we want an Android ( god no... Plz), we will have to get used to it.</blockquote

I will have fun waiting for updates. Because I know that they ARE coming. Hope you don't happen to own an Ipad 1