Fix to Resolve Poor Battery Life Issue After Upgrading to iPhone Firmware 2.2

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageFix to Resolve Poor Battery Life Issue After Upgrading to iPhone Firmware 2.2

We have already seen some issues reported by users after upgrading to iPhone firmware 2.2 which was released by Apple on Nov 21 and workarounds to fix them here and here. Based on some complaints from readers here at iPhone Hacks and discussion threads over at Apple forums it appears...

Read the full story here

Comments

• mike j
    mike j Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Im too overworked, tired, and burned out here in the office to read this..so i'll say it was a good post.

• mike j
    mike j Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Im too overworked, tired, and burned out here in the office to read this..so i'll say it was a good post.

• Netmark
    Netmark Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

iPhone 2.2 has many good features such as google street view, bus schedules, etc. The problem is minor I feel. There are ways to optimize the battery life: http://web500.us/the-best-practice-to-keep-your-iphone-battery-in-optimal-conditions/

• Rob
    Rob Posts: 314
    via Wordpress

for Chris's quote in the post:

I'm sorry your battery life doesn't last as long but why do you have an iPhone if you don't use it for anything except to "check email once in a while." seems like a waste to me

• nicolasl46
    nicolasl46 Posts: 25
    via Wordpress

i'm really tired of doing all of these work arounds in order to make my iphone better than it really is, i'm sick and tired of having to turn everything off when not in use, and navigate trough a bunch of menus to turn them on when i need them. i have to charge my phone every night, and i don't even use wi-fi, i do surf the web, but thats it. when is apple going to solve all og these problems? yesterday my phone got locked searching for signal for about 7 hours, at first i though it was because i just came out of the cellar at my job, later on the day, my wife called me at work asking me why my phone was off, when i looked at the screen all the features of the phone were working, but searching for signal, when i reseted the phone i received like 10 voicemails from thought the day! another thing is, that every morning when my alarm goes off, the screen doesnt work, no matter how hard i try, not even the home button, i have to press the sleep button, and 10 mins later the same thing happens! Apple WTF??

• nicolasl46
    nicolasl46 Posts: 25
    via Wordpress

i'm really tired of doing all of these work arounds in order to make my iphone better than it really is, i'm sick and tired of having to turn everything off when not in use, and navigate trough a bunch of menus to turn them on when i need them. i have to charge my phone every night, and i don't even use wi-fi, i do surf the web, but thats it. when is apple going to solve all og these problems? yesterday my phone got locked searching for signal for about 7 hours, at first i though it was because i just came out of the cellar at my job, later on the day, my wife called me at work asking me why my phone was off, when i looked at the screen all the features of the phone were working, but searching for signal, when i reseted the phone i received like 10 voicemails from thought the day! another thing is, that every morning when my alarm goes off, the screen doesnt work, no matter how hard i try, not even the home button, i have to press the sleep button, and 10 mins later the same thing happens! Apple WTF??

• Asle Benoni
    Asle Benoni Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

After upgrading from 2.1. to 2.2 my iPhones battery did not even last a day even with just making a few calls and easy use. What fixed this for me was Settings->Fetch new data->Push=Off, Fetch=Manually, Advanced->Email account=Manually. In fact I only changed the last setting for manual fetching of my email account. Now battery is back to (at least) 2 days for me.

• Michael
    Michael Posts: 316
    via Wordpress

okay, so this may be negative and I'm sorry. The people who had the Battery issue happen to them I can understand the complaint and I'm glad that it could be resolved by such a simple method, but others who complain: "OMG! I have to charge my Phone every night, WTF??" these comments are stupid. Name one phone that has been made this year that you do not have to charge every night, and every 3G phone Drains the battery drastically. Your complaint falls on Deaf ears because everyone has that problem and everyone complains about it. Don't believe me sit in an AT&T store one full day. I used to work at one, every customer complains about it. The average talk time on most 3G phones is 3 hours, the iPhone is 10 hours, if you turn off 3G, and 5 hours if you don't. So stop complaining that you have to charge your phone WHILE YOU SLEEP OMG!!! I mean how could it die so fast with all the light from that screen, the WiFi Built in, the cell/data antenna, touch screen electric mechanisms, accelerometer, proximity sensor, the OS, speaker, mic, the GPS, oh and the screen itself all running anytime you use the thing. I Charge mine twice a day, many days and i never complain that i have to charge a device that allows me to make my day easier and more enjoyable.

• Justin
    Justin Posts: 142
    via Wordpress

Thank you Michael.... finally someone said it.... quit your bit@chin'... unless you can build a better phone yourself or actually know how the internal parts all work... then shut the hell up. You're spoiled is the problem! This IPhone is an amazing piece of technology for the price. You can't beat it, and you should be thankful that it even exists. Although some constructive criticism is useful, complaining about battery life is just ridiculous when it does A LOT.

• Robinjow
    Robinjow Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Shut the hell up Justin! Battery life should be increased with 2.2! Now I have my phone on battery during the night and when I go to work I check internet, play a bit of games and then the phone is bitching! iPhone is useless piece of crap!! It rarely works when you want it, the programs are ****, hell even the OS is crappalap! Apple should do something about the hardware! make it faster orso

• Norman
    Norman Posts: 11
    via Wordpress

I do notice that the battery life is down significantly after upgraded to 2.2. Especially when use navigation. The battery ran out very quick. To make things worse, the iPhone becomes so hot and will not be charged when use GPS. Apple needs to fix this problem!

• John
    John Posts: 790
    via Wordpress

Hey… I have recently read this post which says that a student manages to increase iphone battery life by 12 times… How is this possible… do read it http://www.weekwill.com/a-student-increases-iphone-battery-life

• stu
    stu Posts: 48
    via Wordpress

Comparison? N96 and BB8700G with pretty much the same level of usage (obviously not wifi on the blackberry, but more voice calls).

N96 = 3 days
    BB = 4 days
    iPhone 3g = 1 day at most, rarely as much as that.

Apart from the great interface, iPhone doesn't really do that much to beat the other two. It's not as good as the BB for email, it's not as good as the Nokia for handling SMS, easy phone interface, etc. And yet... I still love it.