The Status Bar In iOS 6 Changes Color To Match The App

System
System Posts: 446
edited June 2012 in iPhoneHacks.com
imageThe Status Bar In iOS 6 Changes Color To Match The App

Apple has largely retained the same look and feel of iOS since its inception, but it has time and again introduced minor tweaks in the UI to the OS. With ...

Read the full story here

Comments

• xtremee
    xtremee Posts: 33
    Don't like it that much ..
  • g rod
    g rod Posts: 1
    one new feature no one has talked about yet is that some of the emojis are all new on the emoji keyboard.
  • solferico
    solferico Posts: 21
    edited June 2012
    Well, I think it's much simpler. The status bar is not changing color. It's just grey semitransparent, so what you see is a darker version of the color of what is under it (under in terms of layers)

In fact, in iOS 5 it is already that way. Just take a close look at the status bar in the home screen and you will see your wallpaper under it. Or open the "pictures" stock app, and you will see not only the bar going dark grey( because the app title bar is grey also) instead of the silver color usually present in most stock apps, but also, if you browse your pictures thumbnails, you will see those thumbnails pass under your status bar...

I'm afraid this is not really new. maybe it's just happening with more apps. Why? Well, maybe because iPhone5 is gonna have a taller screen and iOS 6 has changed something about how to handle size and position of objects on the display ( just guessing...)
  • BCSC
    BCSC Posts: 49
    Hey look......Themeing, finally available on iOS!
  • the new emojis on ios6 can be also seen on ios5.1+ but its hidden but some people managed to get it :)
  • Brandon
    Brandon Posts: 1
    I want the status bar to be solid black all the time which is why I installed the tweak Blackout. I had actually been waiting for a tweak like that since iPhone OS 1/Summerboard. I hope Blackout gets updated for iOS 6.