Redsn0w 0.9.13Dev1 With Support For Tethered iOS 6 Jailbreak Released

Options
System
System Posts: 446
edited June 2012 in iPhoneHacks.com
imageRedsn0w 0.9.13Dev1 With Support For Tethered iOS 6 Jailbreak Released

That was fast! iPhone Dev team has just released Redns0w that allows developers to jailbreak their iPhone, iPad and iPod touch running on iOS 6 beta. Few ...

Read the full story here

Comments

• dynmite
    dynmite Posts: 3
    Options
    There was no need to warn "unlockers" since in fact this version is only for developers.
  • Mike
    Mike Posts: 9
    Options
    you probabaly wont believe me but i figured out a way to hacktivate ios 6 beta already
  • iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    Options
    @Mike that's cool ... tell us how you've managed to do it.
  • Mike
    Options
    do a fresh restore of ios 5.1.1 since you are needing a hacktivate ill assume you dont have the original carrier sim card. you are now at the activation screen on your iphone and stuck there. power down the iphone. open Redsn0w 0.9.12b2 use the DFU method to jailbreak. when your option to install cydia, custom bundles etc come up uncheck all of them and click next. this will jailbreak and hacktivate but not intall cydia so apple servers wont recognize it being jailbroken.. once complete finish the setup of your iphone untill you done and at the home screen. open itunes and click shift+update (option+update on a mac) DO NOT CLICK SHIFT+RESTORE. this will require an actiation when complete..

ive now tested this on one 3GS with normal baseband, one 3GS with ipad 6.15 baseband and on one iphone 4. all working perfectly.. and now to jailbreak ios 6 beta.

a great day for developers, testers and jailbreakers!!

thanks dev team!
  • Mike
    Options
    email me for a screenshot of ios 6 on 3gs with ipad baseband 6.15

mike.lee.e@live.ca
  • Angel
    Angel Posts: 2
    Options
    Don't you think this is a bad movement from Dev Team's side because now even Apple personal will have access to the jailbreak and may see which vulnerabilities are being used and surely close them on future betas by not saying final version?
    Tell me if I'm getting it wrong.
  • iPhoneHacks
    Options
    Hey @Angel they've used older exploits for this jailbreak, so it should be fine.
  • @Mike
    I have tried your method on both iphone 4 and new ipad it works great. so it does work for A5 devices. I restore to 5.1.1 then update to 6.0.

• yes to Airpay mirroring
    edited June 2012
    Options
    i just noticed if idevices are jailbroken when you are lunching application it will prompt you to sign in your apple id several times then app crash and if you hit cancel crash the app. application cannot be open in ios 6 jailbroken. I update my iphone 4 to ios 6 again and i was able to open application with no issue (not jailbroke).

@iPhonehacks

how do i change my username, iphonehacks picked up automatically for me?
  • jonnop12345
    Options
    Anyone else having problems with using SSH after doing this? After updating and jailbreaking my ipt4g to 6.0 I can use afc2 to browse the entire filesystem but cannot use SSH (winscp fails to connect and ifunbox reports that SSH is not installed) despite having the option checked in redsn0w.
  • iPhoneHacks
    Options
    @Anuj Dhingra how about buying the apps rather than stealing them .. so you don't need such workarounds.