Cant connect iphone after jailbrake

Options
jcamp
jcamp Posts: 4
edited June 2012 in iPhone Forum
I cannot connect my phone to Itunes anymore. Apple support is no help, getting connection error. This happened after installing new hard drive, old one quit.

Answers

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    Options
    Try hard resetting your iPhone or use a different USB port (or connect directly if you're using a USB hub). In case you are not aware, you can following these steps to hard reset your iPhone:
    1. Press and hold the Home button and the Sleep/Wake button at the same time.
    2. iPhone's screen will go black after a few seconds. Release both buttons once the Apple logo appears on the screen.
  • jcamp
    Options
    Ok let me explain further. Old hard drive crashed so had to put in new hard drive, under warranty. ITunes worked with old hard drive bu not the new one. Phone is jailbraked and was wondering if this has anything to do with it. Getting error "Cannot connect with a number after it. Apple support can't help and HP doesn't know why this is happening. I have read other posts on other forums where a lot of people are having this problem. I have uninstalled Itunes, reinstalled it, reset phone changed cables and nothing works. ANYBODY
  • TheElmertPost
    Options
    Sometimes it could be happened.
    You Cannot just do common reinstall the iTunes, but You also have to clean up the registry. And you have to completely remove the GS Apple at the host file ( where Apple IP GS located ).
    IF, You have done with everything but it still won't connect. You have give another try to different PC that never install itunes. Download the fresh iTunes setup, and install there.
    ( I'm afraid that You, failed while jailbreaking Your iPhone OR Connection delayed while You Jailbreaking that ruin jailbreaking process.
    I've been in this situation.
    Thats all what i did.. And most of the problem is jailbreaking process failed or connection delayed that totally ruin everything.
    Make sure You got all the tools regarding on Your BB. and try to restore it before You rejailbreak.

Best regard

The Elmert Post
  • steakboy
    steakboy Posts: 3
    Options
    What is the number? is it a 16XX number?
  • jcamp
    Options
    yes it is. also tried on another computer. still doesn't connect
  • jcamp
    Options
    Sometimes it could be happened.
    You Cannot just do common reinstall the iTunes, but You also have to clean up the registry. And you have to completely remove the GS Apple at the host file ( where Apple IP GS located ).
    IF, You have done with everything but it still won't connect. You have give another try to different PC that never install itunes. Download the fresh iTunes setup, and install there.
    ( I'm afraid that You, failed while jailbreaking Your iPhone OR Connection delayed while You Jailbreaking that ruin jailbreaking process.
    I've been in this situation.
    Thats all what i did.. And most of the problem is jailbreaking process failed or connection delayed that totally ruin everything.
    Make sure You got all the tools regarding on Your BB. and try to restore it before You rejailbreak.

Best regard

The Elmert Post
    I did the jailbrak correct. Also removed all items in registry connected to Apple. Also deleted any references to Apple on the computer. Still will not connect to itunes at all. Have reinstalled newest itunes, also tried older version, same thing, same error message. I need itunes to be able to tether my iphone so I am in trouble, ANYONE help.