iOS 6 and new iphone

Dusty Caldwell
Dusty Caldwell Posts: 8
edited June 2012 in iOS 6 Forum
When do you think they will announce a set date for iOS 6 to be released and for the new iphone to be released? My friend went to get a iphone cause he was sick of his droid and the guy at ATT told him the new iphone won't come out till the beginning of 2013. Which I think is a lie from what I read on this site daily. Didn't know if someone new set date and not just Fall 2012.

Answers

• Never listen to what a store assistant tells you, their main priority is to sell you a phone and call plan, they don't give a sh*t what they sell you and will tell you anything to get the sale.
  • That's what I told him, but he didn't listen to me
  • iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    Answer ✓
    Beginning of 2013 is highly unlikely as the last thing Apple would want to do is miss the holiday season.

Apple is widely expected to launch the new iPhone in September or October. iOS 6 is usually released few days before the launch of the new iPhone. Last year iOS 5 was released two days before the iPhone 4S launch.

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    Answer ✓
    Agree with @Cydiahelpsux ... its highly unlikely that AT&T employees would know abt the launch of the new iPhone so early.
  • shawn7
    shawn7 Posts: 8
    Answer ✓
    New iPhone details will be not that public like AT&T assistant tells you that's it's coming after 2013... It always used to be so secret till the last month when rumors starts and then the last weak we get a rumors round up and apple releases it new device. Apple released new iOS 6 as a tradition of releasing softwres on WWDC so we can hope that they also release new devices on fall, but it may true that apple may not make new products as apple just invested a lot on these new retina Mac , so let's wait and see some clue on iOS 6 where apple always make a mistake of showing the future devices in the supporting devices in their bulid =)