Dev Team Releases Redsn0w 0.9.14b1; Allows iPhone 3GS Users to Downgrade From 06:15:00 Baseband

Options
System
System Posts: 446
edited June 2012 in iPhoneHacks.com
imageDev Team Releases Redsn0w 0.9.14b1; Allows iPhone 3GS Users to Downgrade From 06:15:00 Baseband

iPhone Dev team has just released a new version of Redns0w that finally allows iPhone 3GS users to downgrade from 06:15:00 baseband. Back in 2010, iPhone ...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Nhân Phan
    Nhân Phan Posts: 12
    Options
    Hmmm....this is some complicated stuff. Luckily I own the newest iPhone now.
  • mystic
    mystic Posts: 35
    Options
    Double thumbs up for the good work MuscleNerd. Quick question though, is this compatible with the aging 3G as well?
  • mystic
    mystic Posts: 35
    Options
    Well what do you know, it works a charm. Just tested it on an old iPhone 3G. Baseband now reads 05.13.04.
  • Paul Lorete
    Options
    What happen? After i flashed my ipad BB and reboots it is
    still in 6.15.00???
  • iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    Options
    What happen? After i flashed my ipad BB and reboots it is
    still in 6.15.00???
    If the bb is still on 06:15:00 just try again. MuscleNerd says the downgrade code minimizes risks but false positives are possible.
  • iPhoneHacks
    Options
  • jan
    jan Posts: 1
    Options
    Great job,after reloading ultrasn0w and mobile substrate is everything OK.Thank you.Really unbelievable that downgrading of 6.15 is possible.
  • VICKY0687
    VICKY0687 Posts: 1
    Options
    successfully downgraded ipad baseband on my iphone 3gs.......
  • what if you already install ipadbaseband on 3gs that is not compatible can you still downgrade or no
  • iPhoneHacks
    Options
    what if you already install ipadbaseband on 3gs that is not compatible can you still downgrade or no
    There is no harm in trying.
  • thanks i'll give it a shot and tell you guys the result. would it work on iphone 4 to dwongrade baseband or now?
  • Ludacris
    Ludacris Posts: 2
    Options
    Downgraded from 6.15 to to 5.13 on 3GS.
    Had no service at first, reinstalled mobile substrate and ultrasnow, still no service.
    rebooted device then was stuck at apple logo.
    Used redsn0w to "just boot"
    Now working great with GPS :)
    Thanks MustleNerd and rest of Iphone Dev Team.
  • Paul Lorete
    Options
    ive tried this one from iclarified site http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=22652
    but after all the process it makes my phone restart itself i cannot turn off my phone properly..can anyone please help me what to do...?
  • michaye77788
    Options
    Hi! Can you help me here... I've tried the downgrader 5x already but still, it is 05.16.05. I followed the instructions: jailbreak, enabled the downgrade from ipad bb, disabled cydia (as I already installed it before) and next. Then, when the phone boots on, it is still 05.16.05. As well, no signal and no wifi. Pls help....
  • imranchagani
    Options
    I tried 3 times on my iPhone 3GS (old bootrom) but still baseband is 06.15.00. This method is not working. Anybody can help?
  • Car Xiong
    Car Xiong Posts: 1
    edited June 2012
    Options
    so does that mean that if my Model is MC135LL, I can't use the downgrade? please let me know

Edit: I have try it on both my 3gs one manufacture during week 4 of 2010 and one during week 9 of 2010 both running on ipad baseband on T-Mobile network. after trying 5 time on both, the baseband is still on 6.15 and now i'm not getting any service on both.. any help?

Edit2: What i notice is that during the Flashing Baseband process, it never finish. It stay on that screen for a couple of minute with the green bar stuck in the middle and without finishing, it just shuts down and reboot. could this be the reason as to why it's not downgrading my baseband? guess i'll have to wait for an update.
    Post edited by Car Xiong on
  • ThaKrazyOne
    Options
    Well I tried this on a 3GS 32GB with the iPad BB and succeeded on the first try. At first I though it locked up on me but it was part of the process. Upon completion it was setup on 5.13 BB again. I do have to warn you once it is done and your phone boots up, it acts like a stock phone with cydia installed, but none of the tweaks working. I thought it was corrupted, but I re-installed Mobile Subtrate, and did a full shutdown of the phone. Waited a minute then turned on the phone. It took a bit longer to boot but when I heard the Mac bootup sound come on, I knew it was back to normal. As of now I am happy to report that there is no problems as of now. If I notice anything I will update if needed.
  • cnub4u
    cnub4u Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi,
    I am using iPhone 3GS
    Version : 3.1.3 (7E18)
    Serial number (3-5): 010
    Model: MC131B
    Modern Firmware: 05.12.01

My iPhone was jailbreaked and I want to use the latest version of iOS (iOS 5/6). Kindly help in upgrading my iPhone iOS.
  • ann23262
    ann23262 Posts: 1
    Options
    It does not work. I have tried about 10 times but to no avail. I have a 3gs with ios=4.2.1 and BB=6.15. Any tips would be appreciated
  • ThaKrazyOne
    Options
    cnub4u, you can update to 5.1.1, but you need to create a custom ipsw that will preserve your baseband if you have to have an unlock. If you are using AT&T only, then you can update to 5.1.1 without having to preserve the BB.
  • imranchagani
    Options
    This method does not work anymore. I've tried many times on my iPhone 3GS but every time it remains 06.15.00.
  • cnub4u
    Options
    ThaKrazyOne, Can you please let me know how to create a custome ipsw that will preserve my baseband. I am using unlocked iphone. I am not using AT&T network
  • Fauji
    Fauji Posts: 18
    Options
    This method does not work anymore. I've tried many times on my iPhone 3GS but every time it remains 06.15.00.
    The method works fine after a few tries. Try fresh start. Connect USB with power on. Follow DFU instructions within redsnow. Only select the downgrade baseband option. I did my 3Gs as well as 3G (2 of those) without much hassel.
  • Fauji
    Fauji Posts: 18
    Options
    ThaKrazyOne, Can you please let me know how to create a custome ipsw that will preserve my baseband. I am using unlocked iphone. I am not using AT&T network
    if you're on windows use sn0wbreeze new version to create custom OS 5.1.1 for 3Gs.
  • Raja
    Raja Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi Fauji,
    I am using Iphone 3GS. Details are ios - 4.1 (8B117) Serial Number : XX044XXXXXX,Firmware 06:15:00 , jail broken and unlocked. I want to downgrade base band and upgrade my OS to 4.3 . Please could you help me the hassle free steps.
  • Toby Fairbrass
    Options
    Hi there, i tried multiple times to do the down grade but to no avial. still stays on 6.15 bb. and i cannot get any signal, either searching or no service.
    So have to restore using snow breeze to get it working again.
    its a 3gs with new bootrom
    custom 5.1.1 snowbreeze firmware
    errr.... Help lol
  • ck
    ck Posts: 23
    Options
    I followed the instructions. Everything seemed fine but after it was "done". It stuck on restart. The Apple logo appears and restarts itself after 13 seconds..and loop...

I tried the install 3 times and same results. Stuck in a loop. Any help would be great. thx!
  • cnub4u
    Options
    Hi,
    I am using iPhone 3GS
    Version : 3.1.3 (7E18)
    Serial number (3-5): 010
    Model: MC131B
    Modern Firmware: 05.12.01

My iPhone was jailbreaked and I want to use the latest version of iOS (iOS 5/6). Kindly help in upgrading my iPhone iOS.
    I have tried to restore my iPhone using custom IPSW using redsn0w for windows version. I am getting 'iPhone can't be restored. error message 3194.

Can anyone help me with this please?
  • Raja
    Raja Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi Ludacris,
    What is the OS version ,serial number & Model number.
    Downgraded from 6.15 to to 5.13 on 3GS.
    Had no service at first, reinstalled mobile substrate and ultrasnow, still no service.
    rebooted device then was stuck at apple logo.
    Used redsn0w to "just boot"
    Now working great with GPS :)
    Thanks MustleNerd and rest of Iphone Dev Team.
  • wanderer7
    wanderer7 Posts: 1
    Options
    I've tried this about 8 times now. Still on 6.15.00.....and it appears the 6.15.00 has been corrupted as I can no longer make calls on my Straight Talk sim card which was working perfectly well before this. I am on firmware 4.1. Anyone got any tips on how I might get this to work?