Sharp To Start Delivering LCD Panels For Apple Television To Foxconn Next Quarter

System
System Posts: 446
edited June 2012 in iPhoneHacks.com
image Sharp To Start Delivering LCD Panels For Apple Television To Foxconn Next Quarter

Sharp To Start Delivering Apple Television LCD Panels To Foxconn Next Quarter

Read the full story here

Comments

• I am so hopeful that Apple revolutionizes the TV market. For all their truly amazing accomplishments in size and energy-use reduction, they have left me feeling like there is far more they could have done.

I'm ready for a TV set maker to "jump in bed" so to speak, with DirecTV and make an all-inclusive display/receiver/DVD/Media Center. THAT will be truly game changing.
  • That was supposed to say DVR, not DVD. Sorry.
  • iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    edited June 2012
    Yup Televisions need to be reinvented ... you know it the moment you use Sony's Internet TV or Samsung's Smart TV. Someone needs to think outside the box.

Btw @THExREALxTACO you can also edit your comment. Click on the settings icon next to the Quote link to Edit it. You have an hour to edit your comments.
  • The only thing that would prevent me from buying an Apple TV would be the price. I'm still sporting a 5 year old Vizio LCD TV that I paid less than $800 for at the time. An equivalent TV today would cost just under $500.
  • Thanks for the pointer, @iPhoneHacks

I'll know next time!

I am sure an Apple TV will be VERY expensive, but hopefully even if they are outside my price range, they will still force everybody else to step up!
  • Brian
    Brian Posts: 13
    So far the only UI that was comfortable for web browsing IMO was LG's but however convenient navigation was, it becomes burdensome scrolling through channels rather than punching in 300 for example. I sincerely hope that this TV is announced at the September/October conference.