UK's Advertising Watchdog Bans Another iPhone 3G Ad

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageUK's Advertising Watchdog Bans Another iPhone 3G Ad

If you remember, Apple's iPhone television ad that said "all the parts of the internet are on the phone" was banned by UK's Advertising watchdog back in August as they got complaints from some customers claiming that it gave a misleading impression of the internet capabilities of the iPhone. It...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Chris Wade
    Chris Wade Posts: 50
    via Wordpress

Personally I think that truth in advertising is a good thing and wish that these strict standards would be brought to the U.S.

If you make a claim, there should have to be evidence to back it up.

• Shanesnh
    Shanesnh Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

The vids are reversed btw.

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

Hey Shanesnh,

Thanks for highlighting it, I have update the post.

• Kray-Z
    Kray-Z Posts: 85
    via Wordpress

This is absolutley ridiculus. So your telling me that the axe comertial that when he sprays it on all of the sudden there are naked girls or they come running is tooken seriously over there? Did they ban that commertial? Oh but they ban the iphone one, no **** its an exageration it makes half the comertials funny now days if not they would be hella dry. all they would have to do is put a clock in the background were you can see it fly by faster than real time so its obviouse to them that they speeded it up and then it would be factual, by calculating the time that the clock in the background says. Bleh bloody british have to mutch time on their hands, go get a job or a hobby. lol

• mike
    mike Posts: 489
    via Wordpress

I agree with Kray-Z, everyone knows that the iphone commercial isnt serious its all a joke about the iphone speed, im mean please come one who would think and iphone could be remotely fast, its not like broswing on a computer which people do every day and are used too.

• Wtf
    Wtf Posts: 36
    via Wordpress

Am I to understand that because 17 people complained, they banned the add? At that rate there would be no advertising as we know it. Which come to think of it, may not be so bad...

• Wtf
    Wtf Posts: 36
    via Wordpress

Am I to understand that because 17 people complained, they banned the ad? At that rate there would be no advertising as we know it. Which come to think of it might not be so bad...